Ten

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been about a week since Steve came to talk to me, I've thought about calling him a few times but figured he had better things to do. I've taken up running, I remembered how when I first met Steve he said he was coming back from a run and thought maybe it would help me think.

I was out for a run this morning when I got hungry, I stopped at a bodega to grab a snack. I was walking around, trying to find something that would satisfy my hunger, when I saw some dude in a ski mask walk in.

"Empty the register!" He yelled at the man behind the register "now!" I considered not getting involved but I couldn't help myself.

"Hey, buddy! You do know it's against the law to rob someone without their consent, right?"

"The fuck you just said little girl?"

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize you had a hearing impairment. I said: YOU DO REALIZE ITS ILLEGAL TO ROB SOMEONE?" I yelled this time, he was pissed.

"Does it look like I give a shit?" He pressed the gun he had against my chest, I just looked down at it then back up at him.

"Is that supposed to scare me? I've been shot, many times and it has yet to have any sort of effect on me." Before he could reply I twisted the gun out of his grasp and threw him in the ground. He got back up and I kicked him square in the chest, knocking the wind out of him and sending him flying through the glass door. I walked through the broken glass to look at the wheezing man laying on the ground in front of me. Satisfied with my handiwork, I looked up to see a crown of people around me; many with their phones out recording me.

Shit.

I pulled my hood over my head and ran home. I ran through the front door and shut it behind me. I started pacing around my living room and talking to myself. "It's fine, they probably didn't see your face and even if they did, no one would recognize you! Right? Oh god, what if they did! And then reporters come to my house and start harassing me and then what? I have to tell them the truth? No! I could just kill the reporters? No, I don't think I could ever kill someone. I'm overreacting, everything is going to be fine. Everything is going to be perfectly fine. Right?"

After my little meltdown, I took a nap before making myself dinner. I didn't have much in the house so I just had a salad. I was finished doing the dishes and was about to put them away when someone knocked on my door. I walked over and opened it.

"Oh, hey Steve? Do you need something?"

"You need to come with me."

"Why?" He pulled out his phone and showed me an article, the title read 'MYSTERY GIRL STOPS ROBBER AT LOCAL BOGEGA'

"How do you know that's me?" He doesn't say anything, instead pulls up a video of me kicking him through the door, my face on full display.

"Ok, yeah that was me. But why do I need to come with you?"

"Because if someone recognizes you, you'll have a yard full of reporters wondering how a fifteen year old girl kicked a guy that size through a glass door and ran away without a scratch."

"I can see how that may me a little odd, but I'll be fine here." I started walking away but he stopped me.

"I was hoping you didn't say that." I felt a sharp sting in my neck.

Is this motherfucker gonna kidnap me? Again!?

I woke up in a soft bed with white sheets. I slowly opened my eyes and examined my surroundings. I noticed a man standing next to me he was red and had a small stone in his forehead.