Thirty Five

Tony's POV

We decided not to bring the whole team. Wanda, vision, Sam, Loki, Thor, and Bruce stayed behind. We didn't tell Peter about this because if he got his hopes up and we came home empty handed, he would be devastated.

We boarded the quinjet and I couldn't control my nerves.

"It's gonna be ok." Steve sits next to me.

"I'm just worried about what we're gonna find." I sigh.

"We all are. We just have to hope for the best."

"Aren't you supposed to be giving an inspirational speech?"

"I don't think I have one in me today."

3rd person POV

As the quinjet got closer and closer to where (Y/N) and Pietro were being kept, HYDRA remained clueless.

(Y/N) was sitting in her cold cell, physically and emotionally exhausted. She didn't know where or who she was, she just knew that she was scared.

There were loud crashing sounds coming from outside the base, barely audible to (Y/N) and Pietro who were in the deepest section.

As the avengers got deeper and deeper, fighting off HYDRA agents, they frantically searched every room they came across in hopes of finding (Y/N) and Ophelia.

Pietro heard the sounds of fighting and started banging on the cell door, desperately trying to alert whoever was fighting against those who were keeping him here.

Bucky punches the last HDYDA agent in the face with his metal arm, rendering him unconscious.

"This place is a lot bigger than I expected." He breathes.

"I guess that's a good sign." Steve replies. "They're working hard to fight us off. They're hiding something."

"Wait. Do you hear that?" Natasha asks.

"Banging." Tony replies.

The group follows the sound until they find the source.

"Are we sure it's not more agents?" Natasha asks.

"We better hope not." Clint responds.

Tony opens the door and everyone raises their weapons in case of an attack. None of them  were prepared for what they found.

"Took you long enough." Pietro said with a smile.

"Pietro?" Steve asked, dumbfounded. "How?"

"I walked it off." He answers nonchalantly. "Now someone please get this uncomfortable thing off of my neck." He points to the power dampening collar.

Everyone quickly brushed off their astonishment and got their heads back in the game.

Tony got the collar off of him and Pietro rubbed the skin on his neck, red and raw from the friction.

"Do you know where they are?" Nat asked and Pietro's face darkened.

"I know where (Y/N) is." He answered.

"What about Ophelia?" Clint questioned.

"Um, the guards often talk, brag, about what what they're doing to them." He took a deep breath. "Ophelia is..."

He didn't have to finish the sentence for the team to understand what he was saying.

They all felt as if the ground was pulled out from under then but they didn't have time to dwell on it, there was still one girl left and that was their focus.