Ch. 60 - Nostalgia

I should be able to recall the layout of the Trost headquarters. The gear should be stored away somewhere downstairs. So, I'll have to wait later for people to go to sleep and leave my room. I glanced over towards the window and knew it was going to get dark soon.

"You have your scheming face on," Ymir commented.

"I'm just deep in thought. Titan stuff. Government stuff. Gross," I replied. "I assume that since they know I'm alive, they'll come for me. Not just me, but also you, Historia."

"Why would they be after us?" Historia asked.

Should I tell her? I'm pretty sure she just thinks she is some noble's daughter. I don't really want to say anything yet.

"I'm not completely sure," I responded. "Maybe dad did something stupid."

"Maybe..." Historia muttered in response.

She probably knew I was lying, but this information wasn't need right now. Ymir, of course, gave me a look when I didn't tell her the truth. I huffed and just stared up at the ceiling.

I needed Ymir and Historia to leave, but I couldn't just be rude. I lightly rubbed my eyes and yawned. I flopped back onto my bed and sighed.

"You tired again?" Ymir questioned with a laugh. "You've already slept for so long."

"Yeah, but sleep feels so good," I murmured and then hugged my pillow. "Plus, the bed is so soft."

"We should let her rest, Ymir," Historia suggested.

"Alright, alright," Ymir replied and then stood up. "Don't do anything stupid, (Y/N)."

"Don't worry. I'll just do stupid stuff in my dreams," I responded with a smirk. "See you guys later."

I then closed my eyes and pretended to try and go to sleep. I listened carefully and heard them leave, their footsteps becoming faint as they walked down the hall. All I had to do was wait now.

I waited a couple more ours to where it was completely dark outside, except for the stars in the sky and torches all around the district. I slowly stood up and saw I was in a night gown. Of all the attire they put me in. I searched around the room and found some pants and a shirt. I changed immediately and opened the door that led out of the room.

I snuck through the hallway and moved downstairs. I luckily didn't see anyone around and headed into a room, finding maneuvering gear. I began to pull on the ODM gear and get it all set up. I needed somewhat of a disguise. I spotted an abandoned Garrison cloak and pulled it on, shoving the hood over my head.

I then left, making sure I didn't draw any attention to myself. I slowly made my way out of headquarters and once I was past the entrance, I raced off towards the wall. I activated my gear and climbed up the wall. I reached the top and glanced around. I didn't see anyone on top of the wall, so I was clear. I jumped off and bit into my hand.

My titan formed around me and I immediately sped off. Speed Titan baby. I raced off straight towards Shiganshina, but I was only supposed to go halfway. I raced about halfway through the open plain and slowed down when I saw a large cabin at the edge of a wooded area. This had been where my siblings and mother would go during the summer. Father was usually very busy during that time.

I usually figured he just wanted to get rid of us to have me time to himself. Which I'm pretty sure is actually the reality. I saw no sign of Reiner so I assumed I beat him here. I climbed out of my nape and jumped down, using my gear to land safely.

I walked into the cabin and gazed around. It was just as it had always been since those many years ago. I walked towards the common room and found a lantern. I needed light in the room since it was so dark. I found a match and lit the wick. I stared at the flame and smiled. I grabbed an extra match and headed back into the common room, taking the lantern with me. I made sure there was fire wood in the fireplace and then lit the match, setting it into the pile. I made sure I had enough to feed the flame and eventually it was alive with light.. I then picked up the lantern and began to explore the house to make sure everything was as it should be.

I check every room. Each room was still the same as I remember. A bed and a dresser for each child's room. I gave a sad smile when I walked into Frieda's room and sat down at her vanity. I was feeling so nostalgic right now. This was one of the places I actually enjoyed going to. I picked up brush that had still been left out and stared at it with a sigh.

I then heard the door to the cabin open and turned around. I picked up the lantern and headed out of the room.

"Hello?" I called as I walked back towards the front of the house.

I made it to the front of the house and saw the door had been left open. I looked outside and around, but saw no one. I closed the door and then, all the sudden, felt a hand around my throat and another around my waist. I freaked out and dropped the lantern, glass shattering on the floor.

"What is your name?" They asked.

As soon as they spoke I knew who it was.

"Reiner. It's me, (Y/N). I promise," I responded and then he turned me around so that he could make sure it was me.

"I'm sorry. I'm just on edge," Reiner apologized, feeling bad now.

"It's okay," I replied and kissed his cheek. "Though, I figured you would know my figure better than anyone else."

Reiner blushed a bit and then wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly.

"How did you know about this place?" Reiner asked, curiously as he pulled away from the hug.

"It was my family's summer home," I explained. "I know it makes no sense."

"I'm just so glad to see you," Reiner murmured and kissed my forehead. "I was so worried about you."

"I'm so glad to see you too," I spoke softly. "You don't need to worry anymore. I'm right here."

Reiner smiled sadly and then just held me close to him, enjoying the moment. I wish it could last forever.

Another chapter!

(Y/N) hanging with Reiner.
And for those of you who have been wondering....

We might some romantic stuff happening in the next chapter. Aka Smoot

Don't know when I'll update next, but hopefully it is soon!