Ch. 98 - Give Her A Chance

I've been hanging in Liberio and Marley for a couple of weeks now. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would.

Pieck and I got dressed and ready as usual and headed out of the internment zone. We arrived at the Marleyan headquarters in the morning as usual and I noticed the Warrior Candidates not too far away.

"Ada!" The kids yelled and raced over to me.

"Hi guys," I replied with a smile.

"Ada! Is it true?! You're going to show off you titan?!" Gabi shouted with excitement.

"Huh?" I said confused. "This is the first I've heard of it..."

"General Magath was talking about some titan training things," Udo mentioned. "I assume since they've never seen your titan in action they want to test it out."

"Ah. Makes sense," I replied and lightly ruffled Udo's hair. "I guess I'll have to go find out."

"Bye!" Falco called as Pieck and I headed inside.

"Warrior Prinz. Come with us," a few officers called.

I nodded and then waved bye to Pieck, following after the officers. I followed them to the board room and they let me inside. I glanced around and saw General Magath along with Zeke, Reiner, Colt, and some other officers.

"You asked for me General?" I questioned curiously.

"Yes," Magath replied. "A westerner base has been spotted outside of their borders. We want you to take care of it."

"You're wanting to send me out into the field?" I asked.

"Yes. We want to see what all your titan is capable of," Magath responded. "We'll have Reiner and Zeke on call in case things go south but if that's the case.."

"Understood sir," I responded.

"Good. We'll have you escorted there soon," he stated. "You're dismissed."

I nodded and then walked out of the room. I took one last glance at Reiner but then turned away as the doors closed around me. I figured I would go find Pieck but as I turned down the hallway, I guess I wasn't paying attention since someone ran into.

"Ah! My apologies!" I instantly said afraid it was some Marley soldier.

I was entirely wrong.

"Oh. You're still around," a voice said and I looked up.

Porco Galliard.

"Where are you sneaking off too huh?" Porco accused me.

"I was going to find Pieck. I was going to tell her what's going," I responded truthfully.

"Is that right?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Ohayo Porco!" Pieck called as she walked over. "You been doing okay?"

"Yeah sure," Porco responded with a shrug.

"So, what did they ask you Ada?" Pieck asked.

"They're going to have my titan take out a base near the Western Border," I answered. "They want to see how I work in the field."

"That's great. I'm sure the kids will love to here all about it," Pieck commented with a smile.

"Why is she even getting away with this," Porco questioned.

"Porco," Pieck warned.

"She's never lived here or trained for years to get into the position she's in. Why are they letting her do this? It's not right and suspicious," Porco hissed.

"It's an unknown titan power that we don't understand," Pieck answered. "And don't take your anger out on her just because you never inherited a titan. At least you haven't been living in those damn walls all your life. You and I have been able to stay here."

"Pieck, you don't need to defend me," I said and lightly put a hand on her shoulder. "He has a point. You both do."

No one was talking after that so I took my leave.

"Talk to you later," I said and headed off.

I had more important things I need to worry about. Like a base I had to destroy.

3rd Person

"Why are you friends with her?" Porco asked.

"She's actually a good person unlike many people in those walls. She helped us Porco," Pieck explained. "You're just mad you got beat up by a girl."

"I'm not," Porco shot back.

"Yeah sure," Pieck replied with a sigh. "You should give her a chance. I think you two would get along."

"Think whatever you want Pieck," Porco responded and then walked off. "I'm not letting someone get in my way."

1st Person

Soon enough I was in the air. Zeke told me we were in, what they call, a zeppelin. The only time I ever flew was when I used ODM gear and this was a whole different experience. We would be arriving to our destination soon and Reiner began to put some sort of backpack on me.

"What's this?" I asked him curiously.

"A parachute," Reiner responded as he began to strap it onto my body. "You pull the string and a cloth comes out to help her safely land. But you'll only need it for a little while before you transform."

I nodded and began to help him put the parachute on me. I could feel his hands touch me as he assisted me and I slightly tensed when he touched my waist. Reiner noticed this glancing over at me and I met his eyes.

"Ada...You need to control yourself," Reiner spoke.

"You're the one who is touching me," I shot back.

"I'm helping you," Reiner stated. "This isn't a date, it's a battle we're heading too."

"I'm ready," I said with full confidence. "I'm ready to do my duty as a Warrior."

Reiner stared at me in shock. My acting must have been pretty good since I got that reaction out of him. To be fair, I kinda liked being someone I'm not. In a way, it was like an escape. I didn't have to be Queen or have people dote on me constantly.

"You sound like me when I was younger," Reiner commented.

"You're still young," I pointed out.

"Yeah, but not for long," Reiner responded and soon the back of the Zeppelin began to open up. "Time for you to go."

I looked at him and nodded. I walked over towards the ledge and looked down. Standard building with a few gunners posts. Several people walking around. I should be fine. I backed up again and mentally prepared myself. I then got a running start and jumped out, falling through the air.

I'm sorry that I'm going to kill you, but it has to happen.

Yeeeeee! Update time!

How ya doing! I'm back at it again with another chapter!
I know things with Porco on not looking good but I have a plan in my head. Trust me.

It's all coming together 😏

Anywayyyyyy, if you have any questions hit me up here. I don't mind chatting about literally anything. I love just rambling about dope stuff. Especially Aot.

Depending how late I'm up doing some things, I might do another update but idk. We'll see!

Also Warrior babies I love them.