Chapter 20: One Million Branches

Nicole's POV
*next afternoon*

"Tony" I call out into the house, my voice echoing against the walls.

I just came back from Vics. He showed me a new song that Jaime wrote thats called One Hundred Sleepless Nights I think. He says Jaime is messed up for some reason. He said he would call me later and tell me. I hope everything is okay.

I hear nothing in reply. I raise and eyebrow and start walking into the kitchen first. I don't see the dishes in the sink anymore. Damnit Tony. I groan and flip my hair out of my face. I go back into the living room, seeing something I didn't see before. A freaking newspaper on the table. Since when does anyone here read the newspaper?  I pick it up to see an article about Pierce The Veil. Its about how their fans say that their music saves lives. I smile. God, they have made it so far.

I remember when I would hear Vic sing the songs he wrote. He sang Kissing In Cars for me before their album A Flair For The Dramatic came out. It was really amazing. To be honest, it made me cry. Then he showed me Drella. I love that song. Before Selfish Machines came out, he showed me Caraphernelia after Cara left everythibg behind for him to deal with. She could've at least have taken all of her stuff with her. But no, she left him with her clothes, her art, her bills, everything. He cried for days. It wad terrible. He wanted to marry her. Anyways, he had me try and do what is now Jeremy's part. Oh my, it was terrible. Thank God that he didn't make me record it.

I sigh and set it down. I decide to go into the backyard since I have never been out there. Outside there us a huge, beautiful willow tree with purple flowrs growing from the millions of branches. I smile and start climbing the tree. I haven't climbed a tree since I was younger with my mother. I sit up high and the heat rays of the sun surround me. I smile and lay back, closing my eyes and attempting to even out my tan.

This is relaxing. I still can't believe I lost my freaking apartment. At least Tony is letting me stay here. I hear a noise from below me. I open my eyes and look down. Seeing nothing, I climb down. Once I am down, I look around and still see absolutely nothing. I start feeling very frightened. I am scared very easily. Then I hear a twig break. My heart races and I run inside. What the hell was that?

"Boo!" Tony screams from behind me, grabbing my hips.

I let out a loud, high pitched squeal and he starts laughing like their is no tomorrow. I turn around, punching his chest repeatedly. He is laughing so hard that he looks like a crying clown who cant stop smiling. Tony calms down after what feels like forever and apologizes. He grabs my waist, pulling me to him and kissing me softly.

"You are mean" I stick my bottom lip out, pouting like a child.

"Stop pouting" He lays his head on my shoulder. "Its way too cute"

"You are a major flirt right now" I look out the window and see the tree. "Why didn't you tell me you have a tree with a million branches?" I point to it, curiously.

"Oh, I didn't think it was important" He chuckles. "The sun just hits it perfectly"

"It surrounded me up there" I bite my lip. "It felt so peaceful like nothing could hurt me"

"Your always safe when you are with me, I hope you know that" He states in almost a worried tone.

"I know" I turn around, getting on my tip toes to kiss him.

He gasps and pulls me into the living room. I giggle and almost trip over nothing as he yanks me into the room. Tony sits me on the couch and gestures for me to stay put. He runs somewhere. I sit and wait patiently until he returns with his beautiful acoustic guitar. I star at it practically star struck. He also has a notebook and a pen. He hands me the guitar and writes a few things down in the notebook. I strum a few chords and actually start playing the acoustic With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear. I sing along and Tony stops, starig at me.

True friends lie underneath
Their witty words I don't believe
I can't believe the damn thing they say
Anymore
Lie lie liar
Liar you'll pay for your sins

I continue on with the song. I don't exactly know why I started playing or singing it. But obviously I am a Sleeping With Sirens fanatic. He writes a few more things in the notebook before closing it and watching me. I get tk the bridge of the song and I am shocked that Tony is fully paying attention to me. It isn't anything special, just little ol' me.

Come down
Come down from your tower
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Come down
Come down from your tower

I finish the song and Tony starts clapping. I blush and hand him his guitar back. He smiles and hold the guitar in position.

"Wow that was" He stumbles on finding the words to say. "Amazing"

"It wasn't much" I chuckle and bite lightly down my lip, running a hand through my hair.

"But it was beautiful and damn you got a voice" Tony compliments me. "I've heard you sing but not alone like that. That was so amazing"

I blush, "Thank you. Why did you bring the guitar down anyway?"

"You sitting up in the tree and talking about it gave me lyrical ideas" He wiggles his eyebrows. "Mind if I show you?"

I motion for him to proceed. He nervously nods and begins strumming. The way it sounds is so pretty. I lean forward, resting my elbow on my thigh. My head sits on my hand and I listen intently to what he plays. Then he stops. I raise an eyebrow. I really thought he was going to sing.

"Sorry uh I can't exactly sing. Could you do it?" He looks very embarassed.

"Sing" I demand. "You can't be that bad"

"Oh but I am" He chuckles nervously.

"Sing it, please babe" I beg with big puppy dog eyes.

Tony sighs and takes the notebook back. I smile proudly. He laughs, shaking his head. Then he starts over. He strums the guitar to what is now familiar to me. He is so talented. I can only do chords but he can do it all. Maybe he could teach me tabs and what not. Hammer ons are what really mess me up.

She sits up high
Surrounded by the sun
One million branches
And she loves everyone
Mom and dad
Did you search for me
I've been up here so long
I'm going crazy

He stops. It was so cute the way he sang. Its like when a baby sings. They don't understand they can't sing but you can see that they are trying. Thats how he looked. I mean, I have heard worse singers but he wasn't very good. He's still adorable and I could listen to him sing all day long. Wow I might have an obsession with Tony Perry. Woops.

And the words, oh my, the words to the song. It hit me right in my chest. I was just sitting on the tree. How can soemone come up with all that so quickly just from one action? I have never been able to right. Every time I try, I get like one line done and have no clue where to go with it. So I have never written a song.

"That was beautiful. How did you come up with that so quickly?" I ask, scooting closer to him.

"Well I uh I don't really know. You tell me about the things with you parents and then you sit in a tree" Tony shrugs. "I guess it just came to me"

"Well it was beautiful and I loved it" I lay my head on his shoulder. "Play something for me"

"Only if you sing" He chuckles.

"Fine" I sit up but still sit right next to him. "What song are you going to play?"

"Do you know Bottles by The Material?" He questions.

"Duh" I playfully scoff.

He nods with a grin and starts strumming on the guitar. Through the night, we take turns singing and playing. Its exactly what I need to calm down from all the drama. I just hope no more comes my way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New characters will be coming.

TheBoyThatFellOut will be the upcoming character Ariel aka Riley

emilyg56 will play Emily.

Love,

Chloe

P.S sorry this chapter sucks