Chapter 11: Darling You'll Be Okay

Nicole's POV

*next morning*

Everyone left about an hour ago. I feel sick for what I did. I lied to Mike. I kissed him and lied to him. I messed with his emotions and started something I shouldn't have. I wish I never did it. I'm such an idiot.

"I just got a call" Stephanie randomly says and sits next to me. "My photographer wants me to do a modeling tour with Victoria Secret. Tony just got in an accident though and I don't want him to be upset. Especially since it's Victoria Secret" She puts her head in her hands.

"He might be a little upset but this is huge for you" I hold her shoulder and smile. "He will be happy for you too"

"I hope so. I just wish I didn't have to leave tonight" She walks up stairs with a sad look on her face.

I sigh and make my way into the kitchen. My phone starts ringing and it's a number I never wanted to see again. My fathers. I shake a little before hitting answer.

"H-Hello?" I stutter, afraid of what he is going to say.

"Hey baby girl" I can see the sickening grin on his face. It makes my stomach churn.

"What do you want?" I ask, hoping he can't hear the fear in my voice.

"A father can't call his daughter" He whines and I groan into the phone. "Oh you know me all too well" I wish I could suppress the memories. "I am in jail again. Can you bail me out?"

"Why don't you ask your drug dealer?" I sass and cross my arms in annoyance.

"That will be suspicious won't it?" He chuckles and I want to slap him across the face with a metal wrench. "All I need is three-hundred ninety dollars to get out. Can you help me?"

"What did you do?" I sigh and feel the tears sting the back of my eyes as my heart drops into my ass.

"Drunk driving" He admits. Of course. What else could he have done?

"I'll see what I can do" I hang up so I can't have him persuade me to do more.

I slam my phone down on the counter. I slide my back down the beautiful wooden cabinets and hold my knees up to my chest. I lay my head on my knees and try not to cry. He does this so much. About every couple of months or so I get this call. Last time was almost five months ago. The bail was higher. He was drunk and hit someone. He almost killed them. I would give anything to have a normal father instead of this drunk bastard.

I can't hold the tears back anymore. I start to sob in to my thighs. My body shivers. I think about old memories of my father. I can feel the fists against my cheeks, the kicks against my ribs. I can feel the whips against my back. I can feel him shoving me against the wall. I can smell the alcohol layering his breath. I would do anything to forget all of this.

"You okay?" I see Tony kneel down beside me through me peripheral vision.

I look up at him. He instantly knows I'm not from my puffy cheeks and my eyes that are stained red. I sob more. He pulls me to him and I lay in comfort. I cry into his chest. He gently strokes my hair. I feel my heart race but at the moment, I really don't care. I just want this all to disappear.

"May I ask what happened?" He quietly questions in my ear which makes me feel a little better but not too much.

I shake my head, not wanting to speak. I continue to cry. I wonder if Stephanie can hear me crying. I wonder if she would care. I wonder why Tony even cares. I wonder way too much over things that don't matter but somehow, at the same time, they do matter more than anything in the world.

"Please Nicky" He begs, shaking me a little. "I want to help"

I look up at him again. He's so close to me. In fact, he's teary eyed himself. I sigh and begin to tell him everything from my childhood. Everything was fine until my mother died. That's when things went haywire. If she was still alive, things would be okay. But it's not that way. And it hurts to know that.

"I'm so sorry Nicky" He holds me close.

I start to sob again. I hate crying. It makes me feel weak and insecure. It makes me feel small, like everyone else can just step on me and I will turn into the mud. I hate, absolutely hate, feeling this way. But at the same time, I give my father sympathy. I guess it's his way of coping, to drink. It's his only way to have the pain get taken over by numbness. I just don't understand why he always calls me.

"No one should ever, and I mean ever, touch their child like that" He hugs me tight and then we hear Stephanie call his name. "I'll be back, okay."

"O-Okay" I choke out the words.

"Darling you'll be okay" He kisses my forehead before leaving the kitchen.

For once, I actually believed I would be okay.

Tony's POV

I can't believe her own father would do that to her. I don't care if her mother died and it was hard. It is not okay to abuse your children. If I ever catch him, I hope that God looks away.

"Yeah Steph" I wipe the tears forming in my eyes before going into our bedroom.

I notice there is a suitcase on our bed. I raise an eyebrow and look up at here. I already un packed all my clothes. What's all this for?

"My manager called" She smiles in excitement. "I have a modeling tour for Victoria Secret! Babe. can you believe it? This is huge!"

"Really?" I grin. "That's awesome babe!" I run over to her, picking her up and twirling her in circles.

She giggles and kisses me repeatedly and quickly. I fake that I enjoy it and set her down. She kisses me again before rushing over to her bag to pack more. What's the hurry?

"I forgot to tell you" She bites her lip and turns to me. "I'm leaving tonight"

"What?" I pretend that I'm not okay with this but honestly I'm freaking stoked.

I get to have alone time with Nicole and honestly she needs the comfort. Stephanie kind of gets in the way. I love her but I need to really figure out my feelings with Nicole. I mean, things can change in a short amount of time. Or a long amount. But still, it coukd change.

"Yeah I'm sorry. I know you just got back and everything but..." I block out the rest.

I don't really care honestly. I just want her out.

"It's okay baby" I walk over to her, kissing her forehead. "This is important for you"

"Thank you for understanding. I love you" Stephanie pecks my lips.

"I love you too" And I honestly hope that I mean it.