Chapter 29: Teenage Memories

Mike's POV
*that same day but earlier*

I hear music start playing lightly from the kitchen. Actually, it is Ride The Lightening by Metallica. I rise up out of my bed and go downstairs to see where it was coming from. I felt like a total idiot when I see Riley dancing around in the living room. I stay up above the railing and watch the way she kicks her leg down as she is so close to the floor and spins. I watch how she spins in the air while doing the splits. Damn, this girl is flexible.

She bends back before coming back up. Is this some type of ballet? I didn't think Riley would be into all that. I have always seen her as more of a tomboy. Then again, guys can be into ballet so why can't tomboys?

"Oh shit" Riley caught me staring at her.

She trips on the coffe table but luckily doesn't land in a position that could hurt her. I run downstairs and she holds her side where there is a huge bruise. I forgot about that. I pick her fragile body down on the couch. She sits up and sighs.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" I ramble the words and feel guitly for scaring her.

"I'm cool" She attempts to giggle but that doesn't help very much.

"Hold on" I stand up and hurry into the kitchen to grab the poor girl some ice.

I can't find any ice packs so I grab a bag of frozen peas and rush to give it to her. I hand the bag to Riley and she sighs in relief as the cold vegetables touch her side.

"I'm so sorry" I am repeating apologies over and over again.

"Stop apologizing" She smiles at me. "Seriously it's okay, you didn't mean to scare me"

"Still..." I trail off and play with my lip ring.

"Its like that one time in High School on Halloween. Remember that? When you dressed up like Jason and were hiding in my tree house with an actual chainsaw" She starts laughing, which hurts her side more but it doesn't seem to bother her too badly anymore.

"Oh my God that was hilarious!" I start laughing. "Your reaction was the funniest thing!"

"I reacted very nicely" Riley denies with a smirk.

"Yeah screaming and almost falling out of the freaking tree house!" I almost fall over on the floor.

"Oh but it was funnier later that night when I pretended that I lost my memory. You figured I was kidding at first but then I went over to start making out with some random dude and you got pissed! It was so cute" She bites her lip like she wasn't supposed to say that.

"Not as cute as you were when you were on our first kiss" Shit. I shouldn't have just said that. Shit, shit, SHIT!

"Oh really" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, really" Mike, what the hell are you doing?

"So were you" I didn't notice until now that we were suddenly coming closer. "Um" I clear my throat from the awkwardness. "What was that dance, ballerina shit you were doing?"

"Its not shit" She snaps in my face. "And I was practicing figure skating"

"Figgy ooty whatty?" I sound like an idiot.

"Figure skating? Ice skating? Please tell me you know what that is!" Riley overly exaggerates and honestly its kind of adorable.

My phone vibrates and I hold a finger up. I see Jaime texted me about going to the beach tomorrow or something like that. I don't reply and look back at Riley.

"Its that thing where you spin in like eights and like um..." I really know nothing of this. "Like well you..."

She sighs, "The competitive sport of ice skating in prescribed patterns and choreographed free skating."

"Oh" I drag out the word.

"I picked up on it after I moved out of my parents house. It was the only thing that made me feel whole, like I was alive. You know?" She gestures her hands and I can see that she really loves this figure skating stuff.

"Same with me and music" I turn my entire body to face her.

"Its crazy how one activity can make you feel so..." Riley trails off, looking for a word.

"Existent"

We sit quiet for a moment, staring at each other. I feel the rise inside of me and my heart begins to pound. She's so beautiful. The way her hair is perfectly straight down her sides. The way her eyes get wider when she talks. The way her hands gesture with her words. I didn't know I could feel so much for one girl almost immediently after being heart broken. It's like Nicole isn't even there anymore. Just Riley.

"M-Mike" She stutters and I realise our faces our just inches apart.

My eyes flicker from her perfect, pink lips to her beautiful, brown eyes. I can't help how she makes me feel. I continue to lean in more and more. Before our lips touch, my hands pull at her hips and her hands find their way to my hair. Just a few cenimeters. My heart races. My eyes close. Then they touch. The sparks fly and the only things in the world are me and her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM SORRY ITS SHORT AND SUCKS. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN NEGLECTING THE OTHER CHARACTERS SO I'M DOING CHAPTERS FOR THEM. I WILL GET BACK TO NICOLE AND TONY IN THE NEXT ONE THEN PAY ATTENTION TO VIC, DANIELLE, AND LOUISE IN THE ONES AFTER THAT. IM SORRY. DONT KILL ME. I LOVE YOU.

LOVE,
CHOLEE (Evette__cx nickname for muah)