Chapter 8 ~ Close Call

~Time Skip: Next Day, Noon~

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

"GO SARAH! YOU GOT THIS!" I yelled over to her confidently.

Today was the day we worked in our pairs, trying our best to neutralize the Octarian Army and get our home back. Of course, it was no easy feat.

I had rushed a Splatoon of Octarians with my trusty roller, trying my best to dodge the ink being shot at me. Not only that, but these Octarian soldiers continuously dodged my swings. It put me at risk, but if our plan went through, we'll be successful.

When I had yelled for Sarah, I had been circled by these soldiers, all pointing their weapons at me. They had recognized me as 10008, and tried to capture me rather than splat me. Of course, I didn't comply, never in a million years.

The mark appeared below me, meaning Sarah is about to super jump to me.

"Someone's coming!" An Octarian exclaimed. "Get ready to splat them once they land!"

The launch noise for when someone does super jump was heard above on a near by building. I smirked to myself, "Good job babe.."

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

"AHHHHH!"

I yelled as I came down near Mike. He stood there surrounded by the enemy, looking up at me with a proud look.

The Splashdown was charging in my hand as I came down nearing the floor.

Mike had originally planned this to mislead them. He would play as bait since they can't technically splat him and I'll come in with an aerial Splashdown, getting the surrounding soldiers. I thought we should have done something else, but I couldn't think of anything better myself. So instead, we went along with his plan.

I came down with the Splashdown as all the other Octarians tried to sprint away. As the ink exploded and the surrounding area got caught in it, the Octarians there were splatted.

"It worked," I grinned. Mike looked over at me and nodded.

"C'mon, let's keep fighting for our home."

The octoling in front of me extended his hand for me to take. Mike had his roller thrown over his left shoulder. His smile made me smile.

"You're right, let's go."

~

"I swear, you come up with the craziest plans," I  teased him. He looked over at me, raising a brow while trying to hide a smile. "C'mon, they're not THAT crazy.."

We walked through the barren streets of Inkopolis. You could hear the warfare going on around us. I'm actually kind of surprised we haven't seen any other soldiers besides the ones from the shelter. I was almost sure we would have to help them out right about now.

~

Mike turned his head every now and then, his single tentacle on his head swinging side to side with every turn. I found it amusing, though of course I knew the real reason. He was just being aware and looking to see if we spot any enemies or any civilians.

"H-Hey!"

Both Mike and I's head jerked violently in the direction the sudden loud voice came from.

There, behind a building's rubble, stood an inkling civilian, another one stayed hidden.

It was a male inkling, probably a bit taller than Mike. He had blue hair while the inkling hiding had pink.