Chapter 15 ~ His True Goal

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

The ride back to the evacuation center felt nice. Everyone was talking as if there wasn't some Turf War going around us. Not to mention, everyone seemed to be getting along with Drake as well. The truck's rumbling echoed through the empty streets of Inkopolis, and the night sky was once again filled with bright stars. 

After awhile, we had finally arrived and everyone hopped off. Tiredly, we entered the evacuation center and began to get ready to rest. 

I threw off my hero armor, revealing myself in a tank top briefly so I can throw a regular shirt on top. However, I caught Mike's eyes lingering a bit too long. 

"H-Hey! What are you looking at weirdo?" I laughed, blushing slightly as I watched him turn around in embarrassment. "S..Sorry!" He stuttered, glancing away.

"I'm messing with babe, let's just get ready," I gently shoved the octoling playfully. In response, he laughed along with me.

~

Once again, I couldn't sleep. Nor could I get comfortable in these stupid sleeping bags. 

"Mike.." I whispered, gently nudging him to see if he was awake. He had chosen to lie down next to me as we rested for the night. "Hey Mike, are you awake?" I whispered softly once again. The octoling turned around in his sleeping bag so that we were now face to face. Once my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I could clearly see he was wide awake with a smile. "Yup." He whispered back. 

The both of us tried our best to surprise our giggles as much as we can. I loved how we could still fool around at a time like this. 

"Everything ok?" He whispered to me as we slowly relaxed. I stared at him curiously, throwing my tentacle out of my eye, "Of course why?"

"I really don't know, I was just asking..." He grinned bashfully. 

"Right," I began to smile again. He caused this so easily. "But actually, can we go outside again Mike?"

He grinned and nodded, "I was just about to ask you the same thing."

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

~A Couple Minutes Later~

We sat on the outside steps close together once again, enjoying the night before us. She gently lied her head on my shoulder, and held my hand as she did so. I wasn't complaining of course. 

"It's another beautiful full moon night huh?" I asked, looking down at her once again. Sarah looked up at me, grinned and nodded. Just as quickly though, she pecked my cheek playfully. My heart began to race, and I did the same thing back, getting a flustered smile back from her. The way she smiled was so pretty to me, and I found her little fangs incredibly cute. 

"Y..Y'know, I'm starting to think it's not the moon that makes the day or night beautiful," I stated softly. 

"Oh really? Then what is?"

"You."

The inkling blushed at my comment, and shoved me away. "God, it's like you're trying to make me blush to death!" She laughed, the tips of her ears burning.

"I..It's true! I'm not lying to you!'

Slowly, Sarah reached out for my face and gently cupped my face in her hands. She leaned in slowly and our lips connected. My eyes closed as I felt as if I was melting into the kiss, my whole body loosened up and began to relax. My hands, almost as if it were natural, reached for her waist and pulled her in. Slowly, the kiss began to turn into a brief make out and I rested her on my lap.

After a couple of seconds, we broke it off and stared into each others eyes. Sometimes, I feel like I could see my future in Sarah's emerald green eyes. I know I want to spend and love her for the rest of my life. This inkling stole my heart and I can't say enough how badly I want her to continue to keep. And from the way things were looking, it looked like she will continue to keep it for a long time. 

We both chuckled shyly as we held each other in our arms. Sarah had wrapped hers around the back of my neck as mine gently held her waist. It was a comfortable position for us, and it made it easier to hold her. 

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

We stayed in silence for a couple of minutes as Mike held me in his arms. He had a good grip on me, but it wasn't strong enough so that it was uncomfortable. I felt so happy and safe in his arms, and slowly but surely, I ignored all of the surrounding noises and backgrounds and only focused on his voice and touch. 

"Mike.." I whispered softly into his ear. "What's your goal for this...?"

"W..What do you mean Sarah?" He asked, pulling our heads back so that we were staring at each other's eyes once again. "Y'know..What do you want to accomplish through this Turf War going on..?" 

My hands played with his hair as he thought up with an answer to give me. 

"Well...To liberate Inkopolis from this war, to win, and revert life back to the way it was before any of this happened."

Something felt off about his answer, he sounded unsure in a way. I believed him, don't get me wrong, but I felt as if it wasn't his only goal. "Are you sure Mike..? I feel like there's more to it."

His crimson eyes glanced at me, surprised as to what he heard, "W..Well yeah, there is more to it..." I kissed him on the cheek softly and simply said, "You can trust me Mike, just tell me."

He sighed with a smile, "Well if you really want to know...

...I want help liberate the Octolings from DJ Octavio's brainwashing for good. I don't think it's right what he's done to us at all...I want to help with it."

"I see, but even if you wanted to do that, you still have to splat them.."

"Yeah..It's weird to me really," Mike began to talk in a softer tone. "I feel so weird about it...On one hand, I'm upset about the damage they've caused to my home. I'm upset about the inkling lives they've taken through all of their attacks and everything they've taken away from me. But on the other, I have to do it to survive, since some will not hesitate to splat me. I feel bad since they're my own kind you know? I want to help them break free and join us..."

I cupped his face with my hands as he talked, my thumbs gently caressing his soft cheeks lovingly. His hands held on to my waist continuously. 

"In reality, I just want to be in a world where both inklings and octolings can live here in unison and peace, without any fighting. I know there will be future problems because of this, but I really don't want to leave the octolings the way they're living now..."

His voice got softer, and I could tell he was feeling emotional. My heart ached for him, it must be really hard for him.

"That sounds great to me Mike...I believe that'll happen if I'm going to be honest. I'm sure we'll find a way to make it come true. Plus, I know how hard this must've been on you. I want you to know that I think you're really strong and pure hearted Mike...It's one of the many reasons why I love you so much."

I kissed his face lovingly all over, making him chuckle softly, cheering him up almost instantly.

"God, I love you Sarah..." Mike whispered softly, kissing me back again and burying his face into my neck. I scratched the back of his hair softly in a loving way as the butterflies in my stomach continued. 

"I do more Mike."

"I promise I'll help you achieve your goal..." I whispered to him so that he could hear me. "I'll stand by your side no matter what happens, no matter who goes against us, and no matter what the results may be...I'll be with you through all the ups and downs and never leave..."

~

A.N: It's not 3 chapters this time, but it's 2! I still think this is good considering how long it takes for me to put chapters out :'3

Word Count: 1405