Chapter 12 ~ The Ink Shower

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

"What the hell?!" I yelled inside my head as I observed the Octo Shower bringing down two buildings near me with its built in charger. It's cheery horn was not matching with the destruction it had caused already. "Since when did they have so much power?!"

From what I knew, none of the other agents were here to help. And if the charger has this much power, I can't imagine the amount of pressure the actual shower part will do. 

I remember Isabel describing it to me when she had faced it.

~Flashback~

"It's a weird machine that resembles a shower head...but has more than one weapon," Isabel exclaimed, taking a sip of her early morning coffee as we both sat outside of HQ. "I believe it had an Octo Sniper, tracking missiles, a Sting Ray and the shower part of the Octo Shower. Oh, and something reminiscent to the Heavy Splatling." 

I stared at her in curiously, "Sounds like it was overwhelming based on that description.."

Isabel smiled after her sip and looked at Sarah's emerald eyes. "It wasn't too difficult to fight. It was just annoying having to hit the Octocopers it had carrying it. They'd dash away last minute every time! Ugh, so annoying..." 

We both gave a laugh at her weird attitude at the end of her phrase.

"Oh looks like it's time to get to work," Isabel said, checking the time and taking one last sip of her coffee. 

Sarah gave a soft smile towards her friend and nodded in agreement. 

~End of Flashback~

"Did Isabel face this monstrosity?!" I yelled in my head as I began to sweat. Now, instead of running away, I had begun to make a path for myself to swim on and for anyone else who had a chance to follow me. "This is too powerful.."

The Octo Shower had given a loud, furious like steam whistle and began to rumble, getting ready to go down the street with a shower of Octarian ink. It would surely splat anyone, including me, if I got caught up in it.

I continued to try to get out of its line of reach as I swam, but realized I was quickly running out of stamina due to how long the fight has been going on. My lungs hurt, and my body was getting tired. I stayed submerged in my ink for a moment, trying to take a breather but quickly got back to swimming after remembering it was charging up the shower attack. 

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

"I have...I have to go help Sarah!" I panicked to myself, gritting my teeth from fear. "Or else she'll get caught up in the attack!"

"Who is that?? Who is she?!" Drake exclaimed back.

"She's down there in the street!"

"It's already too late for her Mike! The Octo Shower is going to shower that entire street with high pressured Octarian ink any second now! Anyone down there will surely be dead!"

I looked over at Drake, giving him a cold and brief look, "You're coming with me."

"What, why?!"

"Because I told you was going to help you escape no?! So I can't risk getting separated and not seeing you again!"

I commanded him to turn into his octopus form, as did I, and super jumped through the sky to where I had spotted Sarah, dragging Drake behind me. I was holding his octopus tentacle with my own as we soared through the sky and landed in front of her. 

She jumped out of the ink, startled and the ink shower began. 

"Mike! You're here! Who is that? What the hell is that thing behind us?!" She yelled several questions at me, none that I had time to answer. 

The shower began a mile or two down the road, but it wouldn't take even 5 seconds for it to reach the trio. 

"Please..Sarah..! Hold on to me!" I exclaimed through the loud splashing, booming and shooting going around us. I could see the inkling soldiers that were too late to react get massacred not far from us in the blink of an eye. I was running out of breath, since it was a lot harder to drag Drake through the sky with me. 

I took a quick and shallow breath as I grabbed Sarah's tentacle (in her squid form, since she didn't have enough time to react herself), and heard the Octo Shower rapidly approach us. Several inklings ahead of us in the street had super jumped away, but a few were splatted due to the lingering long distance Octarians. 

As soon as we super jumped away, I could hear the high pressured ink right. behind. us.

"Damnit-!" Sarah winced in pain as a very small part of the shower had touched her last second, hurting her right tentacle as we jumped away. 

I landed on the roof of a building somewhere even farther than before. As we landed, all three of us turned into our regular forms, landing on several puddles of ink. We all let out a painful grunt as we landed, and for me, it felt like my lungs and heart was about to burst. I could hardly catch my breath and tried desperately to get some air. It was an uncomfortable feeling, and rather painful as well.

It wasn't long before I felt better, but all of our adrenaline was still pumping. 

Drake sat there on his knees, a look of disbelief on his face as he stared at me. 

Sarah was wincing in pain in front of me and I slowly approached her.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

I held my leg out of pain. It felt like it was burning and stinging on several parts of it, since not only was the ink high pressured, but it was also the enemy ink. 

"Sarah, are you okay..?" Mike asked softly , suddenly holding me in his arms. I melted in his arms and began to choke up slightly. "I was so worried I was going to lose you there..." Mike whispered softly, burying his face into my tentacle. I could hear his voice cracking a bit.

My eyes watered a bit as I held him tightly back, 

"I'm ok Mike...Thanks to you, I'm here and alive.."

~

A.N. ...

Word Count: 1040