Chapter 2 ~ Break In

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

"Everyone please remain calm!" I called out to the group of inklings, trying my best to calm everything down. I walked over to Sarah and placed my hand on her shoulder. "What should we do..?"

Sarah stared off for a moment, resting her hand over her mouth and fidgeting with her lips as she through about it. "Refuge or evacuation, no? We obviously can't make them fight, that's our job."

"Yea, you're right babe."

BOOM!

Another explosion from the Octarian Army, far away in the north. Basically in the direction of when you face the Deca Tower. Smoke filled the sky more. We were all startled from the sudden boom.

BOOM!

"Another one?!" Sarah exclaimed, her hair whipping around as she turned around.

The other explosion had occurred at a huge distance behind us, meaning that the Octarian Army was spread out rather than all together.

"Sarah, lets do this quickly."

"Right."

We immediately started to lead everyone into the abandoned stores and barricading the doors in order to protect them. It was enough to save them.

We led them into the abandoned clothes shop where they all hid in the back room of the store. The inklings all obliged and thanked us for our help.

I placed my roller against the wall as Sarah set her Splattershot Pro on the floor. We sat next to each other facing the door that led into the back room as Sarah tried to communicate with the other Agents.

"Agent 1, Agent 2? Do you read me? Over."

I watched Sarah as she continued to repeat the agents and their numbers over and over, hoping to get a respond. To no one's surprise, we didn't get any.

"Ugh. All I'm getting is static." Sarah grumbled, taking off her headgear and placing it on her lap.

"Is everything ok..?" An inkling girl asked timidly, about our age.

[A.N. Sarah and Mike are both 18 by the way in my stories, just letting y'all know!]

"Y-Yea, everything is fine.." Sarah responded calmly. "Mike, try yours and see if you get anything."

I did the same as her, but with no response too. Only static echoed in my ears.

"Damn it. I'm getting nothing as well."

~A Few Minutes Later~

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

The room fell silently, the only thing heard were the distant booms and everyone's heavy breaths.

"It feels so weird hearing the Inkopolis Square being so silent..." I whsipered. Mike nodded, agreeing with the statement I had made. "Yea, you always hear all sorts of commotion outside.." He whispered back.

I let out a soft sigh, and gently rested my head on Mike's shoulder. I felt like a whole mess of emotions. Anger, sadness, tiredness, stressed...Everything felt like some weird nightmare. I could still be asleep..