One: Dreams and Freckles

The sun escaped through the white curtains and created elegant shadows across Eddie's face. His sandy, slightly ginger hair picked up on the bits of light as I gently played with it's tips, careful not to disturb his peaceful dozing. He was sprawled out across the mattress on his back, with one leg dangling off the side of the bed and an arm lazily strewn across my stomach. Over night Eddie had kicked off the sheets, putting his naked backside out in the open. I removed my hand from his hair and traced along his spine. Slowly, his eyelids flickered open and his green eyes peered into mine. A grin spread across his big lips, showing off his perfect dimples. 

"Morning." Eddie mumbled, kissing me gently on the jaw. I smiled at him lightly. Suddenly, he frowned. "I had a bad dream last night." he said. I frowned too and kissed him lightly on the forehead.

"What about?" I asked. He nuzzled his head into my arm, shoving his face into the pillows.

"I proposed to you, and you said no." he said, his voice muffled by the pillows. He looked back up at me again, resting his chin on my arm. I grinned at him and wiggled my left hand at him.

"That was obviously just a silly dream." I said. He smiled ear to ear and crawled on top of me, taking my hands in his and holding them above my head. He kissed me gently. I could feel his smile against mine, making my heart swell even more than it already had. 

"Thank God." he said, thumbing the engagement ring on my left hand. He pulled away and hovered above me, searching my eyes as my own searched around his face. 

"How many freckles do you think you have?" I asked absentmindedly. He chuckled and rolled off of me and onto his side. I rolled too and faced him. With one hand still in his, the other roamed his face, gently touching each freckle with my index finger as I attempted to count the freckles that littered his perfect skin. "27...28...29..." I muttered. He laughed again.

"58, 74, 19..." he spoke over me, trying to mess me up. I laughed and leaned my forehead into his.

"I love you." I muttered. He closed his eyes and smiled lazily.

"I love you too." he replied. I closed my eyes as well.

"And your freckles." I added. "Every single one of them."