Ten: Geeking Out

"Can I just reiterate how excited I am, Eddie? I mean like, yeah, you're in it and all and I'm proud and love you and whatever, but it's- it's Harry Potter and Hogwarts and J.K freaking Rowling. On the big screen again. It's a dream come true. And- and you're taking me to the first screening of it. I get to be one of the first to see it. Eddie, that's so cool."

Eddie was giving me one of his looks. Chin tilted down looking up at me through his eyelashes, a look that just screamed I'm dating the biggest nerd on the planet. "I'm dating the biggest nerd on the planet." he eventually just said it aloud, like I didn't already know. I just grinned back and gave him a kiss on the cheek as we finally arrived at the studio. He held the door for me and lead me through a series of hallways with his hand in mine until eventually stopping at one of the doors, wiggling his eyebrows at me before opening it.

The door lead to a small, dark theatre with rows of empty, red plush seats save a line of people in the first row. The cast and some of the crew sat chatting to each other- including Colin Farrell and J.K Freaking Rowling, whom I still fawned over despite having already met several times through Eddie.

"Oh lovely, you guys are here!" Joanne (I got to call her Jo!) said, standing up to embrace Eddie and giving me a tight squeeze as well. "I hope we did it justice for you, love. It's for the fans, after all. Their opinion is the only one that matters." she whispered, giving me a quick wink. Eddie gave me a knowing grin from over her shoulder, fully aware of how much I was freaking out inside.

"There's no way it could not be perfect, Jo. I can't wait to see it." I replied, unable to contain my wide smile. Eddie took my hand and pulled me towards him as Jo took her seat again, kissing my temple and giving me one of his classic, heart warming Eddie smiles.

"You're a delight, you know that?" he whispered.

"Hey lovebirds, come take a seat." Dan Fogler, who played Jacob Kowalski, called out to us.

"I do know that, actually." I replied to Eddie, leading him by our intertwined hands over to our seats. I gave a grin to Dan as we sat, Eddie giving him a polite wave while the movie started. Eddie was quick to put up the armrest and pull me to him, his arm around my shoulders so I could lean against his chest. We didn't stay like that for long, however, because my excitement over the movie before my eyes lead me to the edge of the seat, soaking it all in and squeezing Eddie's hand during the especially exciting scenes. I was geeking out completely over the magic of it all, but couldn't help but take the time to notice how adorable Eddie was with his bowtie and messy hair, as well as his phenomenal performance. After a particularly adorable and hilarious scene where Eddie had to perform a mating dance for one of the beasts, I snuck a glance at him to see he had gone red from the tips of his ears, catching my eye and giving me a bashful grin. I laughed and pecked him on the lips because I couldn't help myself, before turning my attention back to the screen.

As a particularly emotional scene came up, I could feel Eddie's eyes on me more than usual (he was constantly sneaking glances at me to gauge my reaction already). He knew I cried at movies easily, especially with already heightened emotions from the excitement of it all. He pulled me by the hand closer to him as a tear managed to slip out, and I buried my face in Eddie's chest to rid myself of the tears before focusing on the movie again, the soothing sound of Eddie's murmurs in my ear helping me regain my cool.

When the movie came to an end, and the lights went up, we all burst into applause, grinning and congratulating each other on the amazing movie. I let out an embarrassed laugh when Eddie pointed out my mascara had run, and gave him a playful shove as I cleaned it up. "Alright, alright, I'm sorry. I shouldn't tease you for having such frail emotions and susceptibility to crying." he said, his adorable accent laced with sarcasm. I rolled my eyes at him, forcing down a grin as he kissed me quickly. "Really though, did you like it, love?" he asked seriously, bending down slightly to match my height. I grinned at him and nodded quickly.

"Eddie- it was so good. You were so good. Your performance was so- agh, amazing Eddie. I'm so proud of you." I gushed, putting my hands on his shoulders and pressing my head to his chest affectionately. He chuckled and put his hand on my hair.

"I'm so glad you think so. Thank you for always being so supportive, darling. It means the world." he said softly, pausing before pulling away slightly to look in my eyes. "Are you going to completely geek out on me now?" he asked, breaking into a fond smile. I grinned back and nodded enthusiastically, breaking away from him to make grand gestures as I talked about all the references and my new favourite characters and how I thought the sequels would play out. Eddie listened the whole time, even as I continued all through the goodbyes to the cast and the walk home. Even as I continued the next day and week after that. Eddie and I both knew that the geeking out would never really stop, and yet he continued to listen and theorize and ask questions. Truly a potter head's dream come true.

It me. I've been writing a couple, so I'm about to upload them. I hope you guys enjoy. Check out my tumblr homies, that's where I do a lot of my writing. xoxooxo love you all