Five: Oscars

"I look I'm hiding a basketball under my dress!" I exclaimed, looking at myself in the mirror. Eddie and I were headed to the Oscars, and I had a gorgeous white, linen Kate Spade dress on, but my baby bump had become blatantly obvious, making me a little self conscious.

"You look incredible, love." Eddie said, coming behind me and resting his head on my shoulder. He was dressed in a sharp, velvet blue tux and looked wonderfully handsome.

"I do not. Being pregnant looks weird as fuck, Eddie. It's like I'm gonna whip out a basketball from under my dress and shoot some hoops on the red carpet." I whined, turning around and leaning my head on his shoulder.

"You look absolutely stunning. I have never meant anything more in my life." Eddie said. I smiled despite myself and kissed him gently.

"We should go." I said quietly.

The limo was waiting outside, and the ride to the theatre was spent in a comfortable silence. I could tell Eddie was getting slightly nervous, bouncing his leg and chewing his lip. "Sorry in advance for crying when you win." I told him, breaking the silence. He managed a smile.

"If I win, love." He corrected quietly. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm confident you'll win. I'm not even saying that because we're married and I have to." I joked, smiling reassuringly. "Even if you don't win, you still got nominated for a fucking Oscar and we'll have celebratory sex regardless." I winked. This coaxed a smile out of him, and he brought my hand to his lips before leading me out of the limo into the sea of flashing lights.

The red carpet was longer than normal, but it was spent with one of Eddie's hands on my stomach and the other wound rightly around my waist. "Is this okay?" He asked me while we walked to the next group of photographers. I looked at him and smiled as we stopped to pose again.

"It's perfect." I told him while he smiled at the cameras. It was then that I decided looking at Eddie was far more enjoyable than looking at the flashing of lights, so that's what I did. And when I wasn't examining every freckle on every inch of his face like the stalker wife I am, his kind green eyes were burning holes in the side of my face until I couldn't help but return his gaze. He kissed me on the cheeks a couple of times, did a few interviews, and soon enough we shuffled into the theatre and took our seats.

In a room full of celebrities I admired so much, it was hard not to feel out of place. Thankfully, my seat was between Eddie and my good friend Felicity Jones, so I can relax before the curtains open and Neil Patrick Harris came out. The show and performances are incredible, and all the awards are well deserved. The Theory of Everything wins several awards and finally, Best Actor is announced. When Eddie's name is called, I see his face illuminate and tears spring to my eyes immediately. He wraps both arms around my waist and hugs me as close as my bump will allow us before planting a big, happy kiss on my lips. I cry all through his acceptance speech, and can barely see through my tears when he nears the end.

"Finally, thank you to my muse, my wife, the future mother of my child who looks absolutely radiant tonight, I love you. Thank you in advance to the tiny human inside of you as well," he says, laughing nervously, "You, tiny androgynous human, remind me why I love my life and family so much and also why I need to bring home a paycheque." Laughter ripples through the audience, and the music starts to play. "Thank you so much!" He finishes, coming off the stage. When he gets back to the table, I have to refrain from a teary, snotty, pregnant and overall gross make out session right in the middle of the Oscars. He clutches my hand tightly and his precious smile never leaves his face for the entire night, even when we have to skip the after party and head home because of my extra baggage. The extra baggage, however, does not prevent giving him my celebratory promise, and I drift off afterwards, wrapped in Eddie's arms and dreaming of telling our future child about when his dad thanked him before he was even born.

Yowza. It's been a while. I realize this is totally garbage and unfulfilling after such a long time waiting and I'm very sorry. I've been working on a bunch of other stuff and haven't really been in an Eddie Redmayne phase recently, but I'm sure it'll come back soon. Until then, I'm afraid my updates won't be terribly frequent. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to inspire me!! Give me feedback, ideas, anything! The oscars were a while ago now, but I've always dreamt of going to the oscars with Eddie and him thanking you and cuteness and fluff and yay 😌 Anyway, I love you all!! Thank you so much for all the reads and likes, keep it up 💕💕💕💕💕