Chapter 5

The house was suddenly filled with music, a beautiful melody that wafted through the rooms, carrying a sense of nostalgia and camaraderie. The Hargreeves siblings couldn't resist the pull of the music, and one by one, they found themselves swaying and dancing to the rhythm, each showcasing their unique dance styles.

Luther's dance was endearingly quirky, resembling a crab's movements at times, causing both amusement and concern for potential damage to the surroundings. Allison danced gracefully, transforming her room into a personal concert stage. Diego's moves were a medley of TV show-inspired dances and robotic motions, displaying a surprising level of skill. Vanya embodied the music itself, her simple yet expressive dance moves resonating with the melody. And then there was Klaus, who danced with an extra flair, often holding a prop and performing what seemed like a royal waltz.

Laughter filled the air as they reveled in the lighthearted moment, their individual dances blending into a harmonious whole. But just as quickly as the music began, it came to an abrupt halt with a brilliant blue light that formed outside, resembling a storm in miniature.

"Daddy?" Klaus exclaimed, his astonishment clear as he held the ashes of their father, momentarily suspended by the strange phenomenon.

"Uh-oh," Diego muttered, swiftly making his way outside to investigate. Vanya and the rest followed, their concern growing. "What's happening?" Vanya asked, her voice tinged with fear.

"Keep your distance," Allison warned, clinging to Luther for support as he cautiously approached the phenomenon. "Seems like a temporal anomaly or a miniature black hole," Luther explained, prompting a sarcastic retort from Diego. "That's a pretty big difference there, Paul Bunyan."

The siblings stared at the enigmatic blue hole, unsure of their next move. "Clear the way!" Klaus shouted, wielding a fire extinguisher and prompting the others to make space for him. "Wait, what are you—?" Diego began, but Klaus wasted no time, dousing the blue hole with the extinguisher. When that yielded no results, he hurled the extinguisher in frustration.

"What's that supposed to accomplish?" Allison exclaimed, her frustration evident. "I don't know. You got any better ideas?" Klaus shot back, his defeat palpable as he retreated.

Amidst the uncertainty, an old figure began to materialize within the storm, its form shifting from young to old before finally revealing a younger figure that collapsed onto the ground.

"Stand behind me," Luther commanded, positioning himself protectively. "Or behind us," Diego added, refusing to be outdone by his brother. Klaus, still reeling from his futile attempt, chimed in, "Or we could, you know, run away. Just a thought."

But despite their varied reactions, they remained rooted in place, watching as the figure slowly transformed into a younger boy who eventually stood up, causing the storm to dissipate as if it had never been.

"Is it just me, or do I see a little Number Five?" Klaus questioned, his own mind playing tricks on him, fueled by whatever substances he had consumed.

The siblings cautiously approached the boy, their collective gaze fixed on him. The boy looked at himself, then at Klaus, a mixture of disbelief and recognition playing across his features.

"Shit," Five uttered, his tone a blend of astonishment and exasperation. The unexpected return of their missing brother marked a new chapter in the Hargreeves siblings' lives, ushering in a sense of anticipation and intrigue amidst the chaos of their unconventional family dynamics.