Chapter 35

(They repeated the same day but with Five)

They're all gathered at the Umbrella Academy, engaged in a spirited yet chaotic debate without the presence of Five. Katherine observes her bickering siblings, nursing a head injury as her tail sways restlessly, unable to stay still in the tense atmosphere.

"Hold up. We all kicked the bucket facing this monstrosity once before, remember?"

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point. What's our guarantee for success this time? Even the oldest is zoning out," Diego gestures toward Katherine, who sits in a daze.

Amid their heated exchange, a sudden burst of blue light pierces through the air, reminiscent of Five's dramatic entrances. He reappears, but this time with a less graceful landing – dropping onto the bar table, accompanied by the thud of his briefcase.

"Je... Jesus!"

"Nope, it's Bloody Mary," Katherine interjects, dripping with sarcasm, earning a glare from Allison.

"Are you guys seeing him too, or am I just tripping?"

"Where have you been, you old coot?!" Katherine's frustration bursts out, causing Five to wince at her volume. 'Missed that sarcasm,' Five thinks sardonically.

"Are you hurt?"

"Who's responsible?"

"Not important."

"Not important," Katherine mocks, her irritation palpable. Her attention shifts back to Five, who approaches her. He takes hold of her wrist and examines her neck, visibly relieved when he finds no injury.

Grabbing Allison's cup, he downs its contents before tossing it aside.

"Alright, listen up. The apocalypse is a mere three days away. Our only shot at saving our world is us."

"The Umbrella Academy."

"Yeah, but obviously I'm part of that equation. So, unless you all cease your drama and egos, we're toast. Who cares if Dad played mind games with us? Are we gonna let that dictate our future? And in the hopes of surviving the week, I've returned with valuable information." Five retrieves a paper from his pocket and hands it to Allison.

"I know who's pulling the strings behind this apocalypse." Katherine approaches the group, releasing her injury and leaning in to see the paper.

"This is the person we need to stop," Five concludes, to which Katherine's lips curl into a satisfied grin.

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison questions.

"Who's this jerk?" Katherine inquires, earning Luther's reproachful glance for her choice of words.

"Who even is Harold Jenkins?" Diego chimes in.

They all turn to him, awaiting an explanation.

"I don't know... yet. But what I do know is that he's the one responsible for—" Five's words are cut off as Katherine covers his mouth with her hand.

Five's expression turns to annoyance, but Katherine silences him with a pointed finger to her lips. She withdraws her hand from his mouth, closing her eyes to concentrate on the sounds around her. She locks onto a distant noise and bolts off.

She encounters a man on the premises, one that Vanya had brought home.

"What are you doing here?" Katherine's voice is sharp, her eyes locked on the mini-doll of her father in his hand.

"It's nothing... I asked Vanya if I could take it, and she said she didn't care, so I thought—"

"Get out." Katherine's tone brooks no argument, and the man rushes out of the academy.