Chapter 47

Diego crossed his arms, clearly enjoying the banter. "Right, because 'let's just show up and watch' is a solid plan."

I rolled my eyes again, my sarcasm undeterred. "Oh, sorry, did I forget to add 'bring popcorn' to my plan?"

Diego asked a concerned look on his face. "Hey, have any of you thought about whether Katherine should be talking so soon after her surgery?"

Katherine glanced up from the notebook she was writing in, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, Diego, how thoughtful of you to worry about my well-being. But don't you think you're overestimating the power of my voice?"

Diego rolled his eyes. "I'm serious, Kat. You just had surgery on your neck, and you're already chatting away like it's no big deal."

Katherine let out an exaggerated sigh, her fingers tapping against the notebook. "Diego, darling, let me break it down for you. Five isn't here to do all the talking for me, and I'm tired of scribbling on this stupid notebook like I'm back in elementary school."

Diego frowned, crossing his arms. "I'm just saying, you should give your vocal cords a break. We don't want you to strain them and end up with more complications."

She shot him a playful glare. "Well, aren't you just a walking medical encyclopedia? I'll have you know, Doctor Diego, that I've been cleared by the actual medical professionals to speak. Besides, I'm not planning on singing an opera anytime soon."

Klaus chuckled from his spot, clearly amused by my attitude. "Come on, Diego, let's give her a break. She's working with limited communication options here."

I shot Klaus a playful glare before turning back to Diego pouting and he reluctantly agreed. "Fine, fine. How about this? We go to the theater, blend in with the crowd, and once Vanya starts her performance, we strategically position ourselves to intercept her if things go south."

Allison chimed in, raising an eyebrow. "And what if she unleashes her powers on us?"

I smirked, leaning forward. "Oh, don't worry, I'll just give her a stern look, and she'll realize the error of her ways."

Diego snorted with laughter, and even Luther cracked a smile. "Right, because your intimidating glares are so powerful," Diego quipped.

I grinned back at him. "Hey, my glare has more power than you think."

Klaus leaned in, his eyes sparkling mischievously. "She's got a point, you know. I've seen that glare make grown men cry."

Diego shook his head, chuckling. "Fine, fine. Your glare is a force to be reckoned with. Happy now?"

I nodded, satisfied. "Very."

Allison cleared her throat, bringing the focus back to the task at hand. "So, we're all in agreement then? We'll head to the Icarus Theatre, keep an eye on Vanya, and intervene if necessary."

Luther nodded, looking at me with an amused expression. "And we'll rely on your fearsome glare for backup."

I smirked, playing along. "Exactly. With my glare and Klaus's... charming personality, we're unstoppable."

Klaus grinned and raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so now my personality is charming?"

I shrugged, still grinning. "Well, it's definitely... something."

Diego chuckled, shaking his head. "Alright, let's get this show on the road. And Katherine, if things get too intense, just give them your patented glare."

I saluted playfully. "Consider it done." Before anyone could say another word, a sudden series of gunshots rang out, echoing through the air and causing everyone to freeze in place. The room erupted into chaos as the siblings scrambled for cover, diving behind furniture and crouching low.

"Get down!" Luther shouted, his deep voice cutting through the panic.

Klaus let out a startled yelp and ducked behind the nearest couch, his hands raised protectively. "Whoa, whoa, who invited the shooting gallery to the party?"

Luther's massive frame shifted as he moved closer to the windows, his eyes narrowing as he surveyed the scene outside. "They're not here for a birthday party, that's for sure."

Allison's voice cut through the tension, her tone urgent. "We need to figure out why they're here and what they want. Klaus, any visions?"

Klaus, who had been lounging on a nearby couch, let out an exasperated sigh. "Sorry, sis, my psychic hotline seems to be on hold at the moment."