Cahpter 52

The sky darkened as the moon began its descent, hurtling towards Earth with an ominous and unstoppable force. Panic spread across the world as chaos erupted, and the Umbrella siblings found themselves standing together, gazing at the catastrophic sight before them. The realization dawned upon them that this was the apocalypse, the cataclysmic event they had been trying to prevent.

"Okay, this is bad. This is really, really bad," Diego muttered, his voice filled with a mix of dread and disbelief.

"I can't believe it's actually happening. We failed," Allison said, her voice laced with a heavy sense of defeat.

Luther clenched his fists, his face etched with determination. "No. We can't give up now. There has to be something we can do."

Klaus, ever the voice of snarky commentary, added, "Well, I guess it's time to start packing our bags for the end of the world."

As the moon's descent continued, Five stepped forward, his expression unwavering amidst the chaos. "Actually, there is something we can do. We can use my powers to time travel. We've done it before, and we can do it again."

The siblings exchanged skeptical glances, their brows furrowing as they contemplated Five's suggestion. "You want us to time travel to escape the falling moon? Are you sure that's even possible?" Diego questioned, his tone laced with doubt.

Five nodded, his gaze unwavering. "I've honed my abilities over the years. I'm confident I can create a time portal big enough for all of us."

Luther crossed his arms, his expression skeptical. "And how do we know we won't end up in a worse situation?"

"Because I can pinpoint a specific time and place," Five replied, his voice unwavering. "We won't just be jumping blindly. We can choose where and when we go."

Allison's gaze shifted from Five to her siblings, her mind racing. "It's a risk, but if it means surviving this... apocalypse, then maybe it's worth a shot."

Katherine, who had been observing the exchange, spoke up with a hint of sarcasm. "Well, we can either trust Five's plan or enjoy the view of the moon crashing down. Personally, I prefer option one."

Klaus grinned, adding his own touch of sass. "Oh, so you're saying we should trust the time-traveling 58-year-old trapped in a teenage body? Solid plan."

"Hey, I resent that!" Five retorted, rolling his eyes.

Diego sighed, realizing that they were running out of time. "Fine, fine. Let's do it. But if we end up in a prehistoric era being chased by dinosaurs, I'm blaming you, Five."

With reluctant agreement and a lot of bickering, the siblings gathered around Five as he focused his energy, creating a swirling vortex of time and space. The world around them seemed to distort, and the ground shook beneath their feet as the moon's impending impact grew closer.

"Just trust me!" Five yelled over the chaos, his voice filled with urgency.

The siblings stood in a tense circle, their eyes locked on the swirling vortex of energy before them. The portal, a gateway to another time, beckoned them with its promise of escape from the impending apocalypse. Five, the seasoned time traveler, took the lead, his gaze determined as he prepared to guide his siblings through the temporal rift.

"We have to go now," Five urged, his voice cutting through the air like a blade. His siblings nodded in agreement, their expressions a mix of anticipation and apprehension.

As they stepped forward, ready to step into the portal's embrace, an unforeseen darkness materialized from within the swirling energy. A grotesque, tentacle-like appendage shot out with startling speed, piercing through the portal's threshold.

Katherine's eyes widened in shock as she felt an agonizing pain in her abdomen. She instinctively reached for the tentacle, her fingers trembling as blood stained her clothes. The force of the impact knocked her off balance, and she was dragged back from the portal's edge.

"Katherine!" Five shouted, lunging forward to grab her. His fingers brushed against hers, but before he could secure a firm grip, the portal's energy surged, and both Katherine and Five were pulled into its depths.

And with a surge of energy, the siblings were engulfed by the portal, disappearing from the apocalyptic scene just moments before the moon collided with Earth. Five were left staring at the now-empty space, his breaths hitched and hearts pounding in his chests.

Five's eyes darted around, his breath coming in short, ragged gasps. His heart pounded in his ears as panic threatened to overwhelm him. He couldn't lose her, not now, not like this.

"No, no, no," Five muttered, his voice growing more frantic. "I have to find her. I have to go back."

"Katherine!" Five's voice echoed through the wasteland, his cries a desperate plea. "Katherine, please..."

He stumbled over debris, his limbs aching from the effort, but he didn't stop. He couldn't stop. He refused to accept that she was gone, that he had left her behind.