BEGINNING 101

In the dimly lit room, shrouded in an air of secrecy, the man's commanding voice cut through the silence, "Status," he uttered sternly, his piercing gaze fixed on the other person. Yet, the figure in the shadows showed no intention of looking up. Undeterred, he continued to meticulously document the anomalies of each of his enigmatic children, closely monitoring their brain frequencies for any sign of change. His focus was drawn to a certain child, emanating an unsettling aura that sent a chill down his spine.

"When did I ever fail you, Ma seigneur?" (My liege) The woman's voice oozed with smug confidence, her smirk betraying her satisfaction with some hidden agenda. The man couldn't help but let out a short laugh at her audacity before concealing it behind his famous stoic expression.

In his heart, he felt a swell of pride for having discovered such a rare and potent diamond among his offspring. The thrill of his secretive pursuits coursed through his veins, and he was certain that the fruits of his labor would yield a tantalizing outcome.

"What did we talk about, mon précieux bijou?" (My precious jewel) His tone carried a subtle mixture of affection and admonishment, reminding her of the clandestine pact they had forged together. "Yes, père," (Father) she responded, brimming with glee, her excitement barely contained. Inside her mind, she reveled in her accomplishments, knowing that only perfection would earn her father's love. A love she had yearned for all her life, and a love she was willing to do anything to maintain.

"Now off to bed you go, mon précieux bijou. You have a mission tomorrow." His voice softened as he dismissed her, acknowledging her dedication to their shared purpose. She nodded obediently, her mind racing with thoughts of the enigmatic assignment awaiting her.

As she left the room, an enigmatic figure watched from the shadows, veiled in intrigue and curiosity. Their presence unbeknownst to both the man and the woman, leaving questions lingering in the air.

The mansion held more secrets than met the eye—its walls echoing with whispers of forbidden knowledge and dangerous ambitions. The children, each possessing peculiar gifts and cursed burdens, were merely pawns in a grander scheme. Outside the mansion's grounds, the moon cast an eerie glow on the surrounding woods, enhancing the aura of mystery that enveloped the place. Dark forces lurked in the shadows, eager to seize control of the secrets hidden within.

In the depths of the night, the enigmatic figure moved stealthily, like a phantom, determined to uncover the truth shrouded in the mansion's enigmatic walls. Who was this woman who had captured the man's attention so intently? What was the true purpose of the elusive missions his children undertook? As the secrets intertwined like a complex web, a sense of foreboding grew, hinting at a far more sinister plot at play. Each step forward led to deeper darkness, and every answer seemed to birth new questions.

________________________________

Author's note:

Hey! I hope you have a lovely day!

If you are enjoying this short story before the official chapter, don't forget to vote and comment. It is possible to vote on each chapter.

I would appreciate each vote and comment. Especially if the comments are about ways to improve my writing.

Such gestures and support mean a lot to me! ❤