Part 6

"Okay, Nate. I'm here." "Did you listen-" "Yeah. You sure you wanna risk your career?" I ask. "Anything to get us back." I nod. My phone begins to ring. "One sec, Nate." I step out and answer. "(y/n)-" "Stop right there. We're over." I hang up and walk back inside. "Come on tour with me." Nate says. "Are you crazy?" I ask. "I asked the manager. He'll even pay you." Pay me? I do need money right now. Hm. "Deal." He smiles. "Can we be friends again?" I nod. "When are you releasing 'Chasing'?" I ask. "After the tour." I nod. "We should start packing." "Uh, Nate? One problem. I broke up with my boyfriend." I announce. "It's okay. I'll be right there with you." He smiles. I nod. We leave, and he drives me a couple houses down from my house. I watch my now ex pull out of the driveway, and drive off. "Let's go. We gotta be quick. He won't be long." Nate nods. We walk to the house and go in. "My rooms upstairs." He nods and follows me to my room where a half packed suitcase lies on my bed. "I planned on leaving again." I quickly pack my bags as Nate listens for the door. I come downstairs with fully packed bags. We rush out the door, and run down the street. It wasn't too hot outside today, but I was sweating in fear. I start putting my things in the car when I see my ex pull up to the house, but he keeps driving. "Get in the car, and lock it." Nate says. I quickly do so. He pulls up, gets out of the car and starts screaming. I can't take this shit anymore. He pins Nate to the car and starts to beat him. In that moment, I loose it. I role down the window just enough for him to hear me. "Lucas Jordan Ambers, get the hell off of him you pathetic excuse for a man!" That gives Nate just enough time to turn the situation around and he clocks Luke right in his jaw. Luke stumbles back, but Nate continues to ruin him. Once Luke falls back onto the ground, I unlock the car. "Get in!" I shout. Nate throws himself into the car, and we speed off. "I'm sorry, Nate." He shakes his head. "It's okay. I'll always protect you, but we should move hotels incase he comes back." I nod. We pull up to his hotel and he locks the car when he gets out. I duck in the backseat. He comes out with all of his clothes and gets back in the car. I get back in the passenger seat. He smiles at me like everything's okay. "I was renting a hotel room, we can use that for tonight." He nods. I bring him up to my hotel room with all of our stuff. "This is actually really nice. Is that a jaccuzi tub?" I nod. "Let's get something to eat. It's almost dinner time." "Room service?" He nods with a smile. He orders as I clean up his beaten face. He put the phone down smiling at me. "You know that smile has an impact. Is that why you use it so often?" I ask. "I don't even realize when I'm similing," he looks down, "just that I'm happy." I blush at his response. "You're too cute." I giggle. "Thanks." He smiles. God dang. That smile. *knock knock* "Foods here!" He opens the door just in case Luke is there. He grabs the food and brings it in. "M'lady." He smiles as he hands me my food. I could get used to this. He smiles at me as I open up the container holding my food waiting for my reaction. I take my first bite, and it's delicious like I expected. "You like it? Cause if not, I can run and get you some-" "Nate, sweetheart, I'm fine." "Sweetheart?" He laughs. "Shut up." I giggle. "I love your giggle." He smiles. "I love your smile." I giggle. We finish up eating and I put on a movie. We're half way through the movie when I can suddenly hear the roll of thunder. "N-Nate?" I call. "Hm?" Then it hits him. He rushes over and holds me, "It's okay. I'm right here." He smiles that soft smile at me and it melts away all my troubles. Until a big crack of thunder and lighting lace the sky. I curl up into his chest to hide my tears. He puts two fingers under my chin and lifts my head. "We all cry. It's human." He says as if he can read my mind. I look up at him, but instead of being afraid, I feel safe. I stare at him for a few minutes, maybe hours, I couldn't tell. He finally snaps me out of it. "Hey, you were staring." He laughs. "Oh shoot. Sorry." I giggle. He shrugs his shoulders. "It's okay. You should get some sleep. I'll be right here holding you the whole time." He smiles. I lay down and look up at him. God he's so perfect. "Do you mind?" He holds the hem of his shirt. I look away as he says, "That's not what I meant. Is it okay if I take my shirt off?" I look at him with a smile, "Yeah, of course. Whatever makes you comfy." He nods as he takes his shirt off. Excuse me, but dang he looks nice. His body... Pull yourself together! "You okay? You're red." He asks. "Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking about how good you've been to me and how horrible Luke was. I'm sorry." "Don't apologize for that. I will always be good to you because you deserve it." He smiles. I nod with a smile. "Okay. Well, goodnight." I lay down on my side. "Goodnight." He lays down next to me with an arm draped over my side. I sneak my hand over and hold his hand bring his arm over my neck. "Goodnight." He says. "Goodnight." I blush.