Part 7

I wake up and Nate's gone. "Nate?" I call. No response. I get up and look around. I see a note on the door:
     "Hey, sorry you woke up alone this morning. I had to go grab something from the store. Also, happy Valentines Day! I'll see you when I get back to the hotel. Get dressed for breakfast. I'm taking you out.
                                                                     Love, Nate."
So, he went to the store. I guess I could get ready while he's gone. I throw on something comfy. I do my hair just the way I like it. I hear the door knob turn. I turn around to watch as Nate walks in. "Hey." He smiles. I blush. "Hey.." "You look cute." He puts a bag on the floor. "What's that?" I ask. He moves his foot in front of the bag, "Nothing important. We're leaving soon." "For breakfast?" I ask. "Yes, but also for tour." I nod. "I got you a bulky jacket since it's cold out." He hands me an all black jacket. "Thanks, Nate." He nods. "Come on." He grabs my hand and pulls me along. He seems so excited. He grabs the bag on the way out. He drives us to an IHOP. He takes me inside, and we sit down. *time skip* After we eat, he looks up at me. "I got you this." He hands me the bag from earlier. "Thanks, Nate." "Happy Valentines Day, y/n." I pull out a bear made of real roses, chocolate, a necklace, and a ring. "Awe. I love it." "The ring... It's a promise ring. Promise you won't leave me here alone?" I think about what he said. "I promise." He smiles. *time skip; at the hotel*  "Thanks for breakfast and the gifts too." He smiles, "Anytime. You deserve it." "I don't really know how to react." I look down. "You don't have to." I look up at him. He grabs my face softly, "I did it because I care about you. It's no big deal." He let's go. Blushing, I nod. "You feeling okay? You're bright red." He says. "Yeah. I've just never been cared for." I admit. "I'll take good care of you. Promise." I smile.  As I smile, I feel the weight that's been on my chest for years coming back, and my smile vanishes. "I'm kinda tired after all that food. I think I'm gonna take a nap." He nods as i lie down. "Hold me?" I ask. "But it's not raining." He looks at me confused. "I know. It's okay forget it." He looks at me with this look like he could see the pain in my eyes. He lays down next to me, and puts his arms around me. "You're not alone. I'll take care of you. I'll keep you safe. I'll love you..." I smile at the last thing he said. "Thank you." I begin to cry. "Pretty girls don't cry, unless you really need to, then be my guest." I smile, but the tears still come. I continue to cry until I fall asleep. It'll all be better in the morning.