Part 3

*knock knock* Who could be here this early? I open my eyes and it hits be, I wasn't dreaming... I look behind me and see nate. "Good morning." We both look down and realize... we're still cuddling. *knock knock* "I'll get that." he smiles. "Hey, Nate? Where's the bathroom?" I ask. "Right over there." he points to a door across the room. I make my way through, and close the door. I hear Nate open the door, and then faint yelling. I press my ear to the bathroom door to listen. "I know she's here! I can see her location." fuck. He's here. "Look, man, I don't have girls as friends. I also don't do hook ups. There isn't a girl here. "I don't believe you." "Fine. Come and check." Nate, no! I quickly grab my clothes from the floor, and hide with them under the bathroom sink. I hear him walking around until he stops in front of the bathroom door. "Go ahead. There isn't anyone in there." Nate, how much trust are you putting in me right now to have hidden? I hear the door swing open, then the shower curtain. "I'm sorry. It must be glitching." with that, he leaves. I hear the front door close. "You can come out now." I creep out of the cabnet door, and step out. "I figured you'd hide there. Does this happen often?" "Yeah." "He traks you?" "Yeah. I turned it off while he was searching the room. I'm sorry." "It's not yor fault that he's crazy." then my phone started to go off. Could this day get any worse? "He's calling me..." "Answer. Put him on speaker." I nod, and do as he asked.

"I'm gonna try and stay calm. Where are you?"
"I'm with a friend."
"When will you be coming home?"
"Soon."
"Today?"
"No."
"Okay. Fine. I'm gonna have Amber over by the way."
"You know I don't like you hanging out with her. You always end up sleeping with her."
"I won't. I promise."
"I don't care. It doesn"t matter how I feel or what I say. You'll do it anyway."
"Thanks. I gotta go. Bye."
"Bye. I L-"

I look at Nate. "He hung up on me..." "Why was he being nice?" "I'm around people. Also, Amber." "Who's Amber?" "Some whore he met at a bar a couple years ago who he sleeps with all the time. He always says he won't, then ends up doing it and begging me to stay as if I can leave." "Why can't you leave?" I show him the scar on my side. "That's what happened last time I tried to leave." "I'm sorry he keeps doing this to you." "It's fine." "You're welcome to stay as long as you can." "Thanks, Nate." "How about I take you out for lunch?" "You're too nice to me." "I'm just being human." *time skip* Our food arrives at the table, and we start talking. "Thanks for everything." "You're welcome, but it's no big deal. Plus, it's nice having company." "I'm sorry about my boyfriend." "I told you, it's okay. I understand that you can't just up and leave him. I know he's not good to you. Plus, I'm sure it's nice having a friend for you too." "Yeah it really is." "I'm just glad you're okay. I- your family almost lost you." "Actually, I um... I don't have any family left." "Oh, I'm sorry. I know what that can feel like." "I lost them in a car crash a couple years ago. I've learned since that they were just too good to be here." "Well, I'm sure they're happy where they are now." "Me too." I sit there smiling at him as he looks away to get another bite of food. I grab another bite of food myself. We both finish about the same time, and he asks for the check. "I can cover my part." "It's okay. I'll pay. My treat." "Are you sure?" "Yeah. What time is it?" "6:30." "Crap. We should head back." "Can we go somwhere real quick?" "I don't see why not." We head out, and climb into the car. "Where to?" "The beach. I like watching the sun go down there." "Of course. No problem."