Chapter 24

Minene's POV (Ninth)

It's taking too long. They might be in danger.
I checked my diary. Nothing for me.

Funny enough, I kept head butting into their problems and act as if I'm a superhero saving others in danger. I laughed.

Honestly it's probably the fact that I believe in their love. Love? Did I seriously say that?
Wow listen to yourself. You grew soft.
But it was that time when I truly realised how blissful it is, to have someone to finally trust and someone that you will spend your lives with.
And now, I shall give these youngsters a try. A taste of true happiness.

Masumi you better damn well be proud of your wife!

I thought as I quickly threw the c4 onto the door, blowing it into pieces and ran straight in.
I took a quick glance at my diary while running down as it starts to update. She most definitely heard it. Well, I damn well hope I can serve her my fist personally.

Yukiteru's POV -

I could now hear a loud explosion followed by metal smashing into each other.
What's happening?

Yuno seemed enraged as she quickly got up.
"Someone's going to pay for this." She muttered as she dressed up and picked up something heavy from the sides.
"Yuki be a dear and wait for me. We can go for round two after I won.. to celebrate."
The door slammed shut. It is just me and Akise in the room now.
I need to check.
With each steady breath I slowly moved my body to turn.
Slowly by slowly I moved parts of my body, trying so hard to ignore the pain.

There he was, lying there, eyes closed.
He was still breathing, I could tell. I felt relieved.
I need to go to him.
I turned my body so that my chest would be touching the ground as I try to crawl towards him.
I could still feel the fresh wounds from the handcuffs and the times she would give me a "warning" and a "lesson".

She loves me? Bullshit. I refuse to believe that. Why did I ever believed it before?
She's crazy. I finally admit it, I was insane to even believe and trust her.

As I started to inch closer n closer to akise, I could see him struggling to breathe as his face winced in pain slightly.
"A-a-aki-se!" I can barely make out the words for his name.
I used my head to slightly shake him. It was the most I could move at the moment. There was no response and I was starting to get worried.
Meanwhile, the surrounding sounded quiet silent and I don't know when she would be back.
Was the intruder killed by now? What's happening?

I lay beside him. It's felt so long since I could feel, or even see him. I stopped moving to calm down for a bit, before continuing.
Suddenly, I heard him gasp for air.
"A-aki-se!"

Followed by loud coughing before he woke up and pushed me away in a quick movement.
"It's-m-e!"
"Yuki-" his statement was cut off by a loud cough before I heard something wet splatted on the floor.
It was red.

He coughed again before stopping himself. He attempts to get up, but fell back down and slammed onto the floor. However, he quickly tries again and got his knees up on the ground. His head now towering above mine as I looked at him. Tears filled up my eyes as I was so, so relieved to see him awake.
He grabbed my torso and attempted to help me up, and I gladly accepted the support while trying my best to not show the pain that follows.

Afterwards, his head bobbed down and up again as he looked up startled. "Almost.. did it again." He slowly positioned his arms and legs, before lifting himself up and immediately grabbing something for support. He continued to gasp for air before coughing again. As he supported me up, he held onto my waist.
His once strong arms now felt weakened. And it's all my fault.

"Slowly." He whispered.
My body leaned against his as he grabbed my arms and my shoulders. "We need to go. Nine is here."