Chapter 21

Akise POV -

"We only have one chance to make this right. Either we lose your boy lover forever or we get him back. You know damn right which you would prefer."

"Of course." I replied sharply.

"Right... Follow my lead."

She lined the explosives gently around the main entrance but slightly hidden from plain sight. To be safe.

She grabbed the remote detonator and set up the timer before turning to me.
"You will distract her and grab him out then I will set it off. I can't promise it will be easy as said and it won't be safe either, but it's our best bet."
"It's a gamble, kid. It's either win or lose." She smirked and pat me on the back.
"Now, go get your man."

I nodded my head and didn't look back.
-

After getting a signal that nine was ready for my "big show" I kicked open the door.
Yuno snapped back, agitated and surprised.
"You... I knew you would find me again. It's always you that's disrupting my time with Yuki! It's always YOU! You good for nothing... you.."

I can hear her loud and clear, but the only thing that my eyes could focus on was yuki's motionless body.
I rushed over in a rush to embrace him, or at least to check up on him when she abruptly shoved me away.
My head slammed into the wall.

Growling, she snapped, "Don't touch him!"

Her gaze traced back to him as she smiled.

"What have you done to him." My face turns into a look of disgust as I picked myself up.
I can't believe this. He doesn't deserve this.
I failed to protect him... I.. failed..?

"You mean, what haven't I done." She laughed. "We were about to make love to each other."
She strolled towards him and stood behind him, resting her head onto his shoulder as her hands slowly move down his body.
"Read the mood, would you?"
She lightly pecked his cheek and grinned happily at me.

All I could do was watch in horror. I didn't want her to hurt him, and I can't risk making any irrational movements right now.
It would ruin the plan.
I clenched my teeth. Seeing her even touch him was disgusting. Painful.
I want him in my arms.

She tilt her head and looked at me and smiled.
"Pathetic. You're powerless to do anything, aren't you?"
A sharp pain. My hands quickly reacted as I touched my cheek.
"Do not. Do not do anything." She growled. "Do not even move. In fact, I prefer if you don't even breathe."

In a swift action she kicked me back down.
My knees sunk into the dirt filled floor.
She's right. I can't do anything.
For now.