Chapter 27 (End)

Akise's POV

It's been a year since.
After Nine sent us home, we parted ways but promised to keep in contact.

..

"Are you ready?" I called out.
"Hold on. I need to get the gifts." He replied.
I smiled. I love him to bits.
He came out hurriedly, holding a bouquet of flowers and a few wrapped gifts. As I could see he was struggling with them, I picked up the presents from his arms.
"Let's go."

.
.
We sat the presents at the back before getting into the car.
"Man, can't believe nine is having another child. I admire her." He said as I buckled his seatbelt.
"Hmm."
"What's wrong?" He looked over.
I rest my elbow at the seat as I grinned at him. "Just thinking of what to name our child in future."

His face flushed red. Adorable.
"Wh-what are you saying." He stammered as he covered his face, embarrassed.
I pretended to sound hurt, to continue teasing him."Do you not want one with me...? .. I see."

"NO!" He suddenly rose up and looked at me eye to eye, which made me fall back, startled.
"I WOULD LOVE TO!" He said earnestly.

Ah... now I could feel my face getting hotter.
"O-oh." I could barely reply. ".. sure."

As I drove, our hands reached the other and we held on tightly.

For once I felt true happiness and I hope it would never end.