X. NIGHTMARES AND TESTS

☆꧁*꧂☆

☆꧁*꧂☆

Upon waking, I burrowed myself into the soft, warm sheets. The scent of sweet perfume and manly cologne extended across. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes from my eyes and gazed at the horizon; it's distinct light expanding across the golden sky.

"Hey." I drew my sight from the window and turned to my left. Four approached with a mug of steaming tea, handing it me after I had sat up, leaning against the headboard.

"Morning." I smiled brightly at him, before taking a sip of the tea.

"Morning." He smiled back, kissing me on the cheek softly, the vision in front of me making my heart flutter. He rubbed the side of my arm gently. "How'd you sleep?"

"Wonderful." I sighed.

"I'm glad." He said. "Hey. Come on, I wanna show you something"

"Okay." I got up and followed Four to our destination. He led me to the roof of the building.

"Look." I looked down to see Erudite members loading supplies.

"Erudite." I murmured.

"Yeah. They're here every morning. I've been watching them for weeks." He informed of the current events replaying.

"What are they doing in Dauntless?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Loading in supplies. Computers. And these." He lifted his hand up and opened his palm to reveal a small glass vial containing some type of orange serum.

"What the hell is that?" I gasped.

"I think it's some kind of cognitive transmitter, you inject it like a serum." He stated.

"Okay, Mr Smarty Pants." I teased, causing him to roll his eyes at me. "Why though?"

"It's supposed to make you more susceptible to suggestion, but as many as they have, they could create an army." Four informed.

"Oh shit, that's deep." I mumbled.

Our conversation was interrupted by an announcement saying: "Attention, all initiates report for final testing. All initiates report for final testing."

I looked up at Four with worry.

"You're ready. You can do this, Gen." He assured me, lifting his hand up to my cheek, caressing it gently before leading me to the building.