XI. RUN

☆꧁*꧂☆

☆꧁*꧂☆

A short few hours had went by after all initiates had taken the final test. We were all gathered up.

"Congratulations... new members of Dauntless." Max addressed as the crowd erupted in cheers. Overall, I was happy, no, ecstatic, that am officially Dauntless.

Later, we all assembled in the Pit. I spotted Tris, Christina and Will and headed over to them.

"Come on, get in line." A Dauntless female ordered.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked the trio beside me but didn't get a reply as Eric started to speak.

"Alright, listen up. Before you leave tonight, I want you all in four lines. Everyone gets a tracking device. Don't ask questions, just a precaution." He demanded.

I looked around to see people getting injected which made my mind drift to Four and I's conversation from earlier.

"It's supposed to make you more susceptible to suggestion, but as many as they have, they could create an army."

"Hey, have any of you seen Four?" I asked.

"No. I haven't. What's going on?" Tris questioned.

"Oh my God." I gasped. I turned to leave in search for Four but I'm stopped by Eric.

"Congratulations. You should be first in line, but I'll make it easy for you." He smirked before I felt a sharp sting in my neck. "I've always thought you were a bitch." Are the last words I can process before I drifted into darkness.

☆꧁*꧂☆

I woke up, finding myself in the sleeping headquarters. I looked over and see all the new members of Dauntless getting dressed.

"Hey, Chris..." I trailed off when I realised that she had an emotionless look expressed on her face. It was almost like she was...mind controlled?

I spotted Tris amongst the new members and called out to her, causing her to approach me. "Tris! What's happening?"

"I-I don't know. It's like they're all being mind controlled." She said.

"Wait Tris, are you..." I started off but saw the flood of people around. "...divergent?" I whispered.

"I- yes. How-" she started.