VIII. I NEED YOU

☆꧁*꧂☆

☆꧁*꧂☆

"Peek-a-boo!" My mother reveals herself from behind the curtain.

"Mama!" I giggle, bolting towards her and wrapping her into a hug

"How is my little princess?" She asks.

"Good, Mama! How are you?" I smile goofily at her.

"Lovely now that I've seen my beautiful hija. Come let's fix the birds nest that lays on your head." She pokes my hair.

"Hehe. Yes, Mama." She leads me to the vanity, getting out a brush, proceeding to lay my hair down flat. "Mama?" I call out.

"Yes, princesa?" She softly says.

"Sing for me?" I ask politely.

"Of course." She starts.

"Te prometo no llorar
Esperarte y no olvidar
Regálame un último beso que me haga soñar
Y este grito de dolor
Nunca callará este amor
Prefiero vivir esperando a aceptar que no estás
Te quiero tanto, amor
No sabes cuánto, amor
¿Por qué te vas?" She hums finishing off.

"When I grow up, I want to be beautiful. Just like you." I admire her beauty, her strength.

"You're already beautiful, hija. Inside and out." She praises, softly caressing my long brown hair.

"I don't think so, Mama." I giggle.

"Not true, princesa. You're the most gorgeous person I've eve-" She breaks out mid sentence, dropping on to the floor in a coughing fit.

"Mama?" I run towards her, crouching beside her. "Mama? What's wrong?"

"It's okay, hija. Just a little cough."

Little did I know...

"Why did you leave me, Mama? I need you." I sob as I stare at my mother's grave. "We were supposed to be together forever."

I lay her favourite flowers, lillies, on the top of the grave. She was too young to die.

Amarantha Vargas Gilbert
2222-2250
-Mother -Wife -Lover

"Rest in peace, Mama. I love you." I whisper, standing up. I place a kiss on my two fingers before placing them on the head on the grave.

Shaking softly, I head back to Dauntless.

I return, heading to the sleeping quarters, passing the chasm on the way.

I stand behind the railings, looking down admiring the depth of darkness before me.

What if I jump? Will that answer all my problems? Will I be with her? Maybe then I'll be out of my misery. Out of grief.

Sighing, I deny my thoughts. Turning around, only to be taken by surprise, being knocked out cold by a force to the head.

☆꧁*꧂☆

AUTHORS NOTE

That's all for this this chapter.
It's not that long as this chapter is more about Gen's relationship with her mother.

Italics are flashbacks btw

I know Four hasn't been in this chapter or the last but he will be in the next chapter. 🙂

This chapter has not been edited yet.

Remember: suicide is never an option. Remember: that you are loved and there are people that care about you.

Thanks for reading.

Feedback is always appreciated <3

-Hayden