XXIV

I ignored that "warning" I had been sent yesterday.

Not because I didn't believe the anonymous sender, but because the fear of the stalker communicating via texts had already been taken away from me by Mal0.

I was more interested in knowing what 682 had asked for.
But apparently it hadn't arrived yet...

I was in the living room, along with Mal0. We were both completely bored.

-If only we could get out of here. -Mal0 said as she laid back down on the couch.

-I wish... -I said sighing.

As strange as it seemed, I missed going out of my house.
Although I didn't go out much before either.

I got up, decided to look for something to entertain us and pass the time.
I supposed that the rooms would have some board game or cards.

_______________________________________________

I returned to the living room after going through all the rooms over and finding nothing.
I was leaving Mal0's room when I heard the sound of the front door opening.

I quickly hid behind the doorframe and peeked out to see what was happening.

I saw 682 talking to what appeared to be two foundation guards.
Behind them I could see a scientist who had short blond hair and looked awfully familiar.

-Two hours is as long as she can stay.

-I don't think that's enough.

-You don't get to decide that. -Said the soldier without hesitation.

-Remember that if you don't uphold your part of the bargain we will be forced to recontain you.

-I know. -It answered, with hatred in its voice.

The scientist entered the living room shaking from head to toes.
She kept looking at 1471 and 682, unsure if she should maintain eye contact with them.

I suppose it would be a little strange to enter a house and see two anomalies there.

-He-Hello... -She said shyly.
-I'm sorry, I should-should introduce myself!

Mal0 got up and slowly walked over to her.

-My name is Mal0, or as you call me... SCP 1471," -She said extending her hand towards the scientist.

-Ni-Nice to meet you, Mal0! -She exclaimed shaking her hand.
-My name i--

Her voice was deafened by sound of 682's tail slamming against the ground.

-That's not important right now.

-Right-o!

-What did you come here for? -Mal0 asked, tilting her head to a side.

-I-I don't know!
-They just told me to stop everything I was doing and that they would take me to 682's new containment chamber.

-At 682's request, I suppose? -I said coming out from behind the wall.

-I guess... -Wait a second! -She said jumping in place.
-You're 1471-6!
-Or was it 682-A...? -She said, putting her hand on her chin.

-My name is Quentin...?
-I recognize you from that security breach..

-Ah, yes.
-Anyway, I don't know what I came here for. -She said a little more calmly.

-I requested your "presence" so that you could clear up some doubts about your species.

-Oh... B-But I don't specialize in biology, you should ask one of the othe--

-That's irrelevant.
-Tell me, why does your species causes so much pain and suffering to itself.

-Oh... I... wouldn't know how to answer that.

-Then you are useless to me.

-I don't think anyone is trying to destroy the planet.
-Some humans are trying to create a better future for others.

-Tha-That's true!
-The reason I work at the foundation is so that my daughter can live in peace.

-That does not answer my question.

-Your species is violent and invasive, even going to war with itself.
-Doesn't it seem selfish for you to say that humans don't try to ruin the planet while each day they are squeezing their own planet to death?

____________________________________________

(I don't think we were ready to start discussing about human history with a giant lizard.)

-I would say...
-That we all have good intentions but bad decisions.. -Mal0 said, trying to break the awkward silence.

-I don't understand... -It said sitting down.

-Two hours have passed. -Mal0 said while getting up from the sofa.

The scientist couldn't hide her joy and hugged Mal0 with a smile on her face.

-I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
-It's just that... Your fur looked so soft that it made me want to...

-It's all right!
-Quentin helped me bathe and took really good care of me. -She explained.

-Did he? -She said with a mischievous look.

(You didn't have to word it like that Mal0...)

-Anyway!
-I think it's time for you to go, right? -I said, trying to avoid the questions she wanted to ask me.

_______________________________________________

I'd appreciate if you could point out typos and stuff, I'm still learning english and I would like for this story to be as enjoyable as possible.

As always, thank you for reading!!!