XVI

Being on top of 682 was really scary.
I felt that i moved the wrong way the creature would snap and eat me whole.

This strangely reminded me of riding a horse,a scaly and rather big one..

I never really did a lot of exciting things when I was a kid.
I think the most exciting thing I did as a kid was go to a water park with my mom.
I really missed my normal and boring life right now, lying in my bed or maybe playing some videogames on my pc.

What will my mom do if I don't come back?
She probably won't rest until she finds me...

We walked down the desertic corridors as I tried thinking about something else, to try and ignore the burning pain in my ankle.

If only i had had a little more common sense i wouldn't be locked up here, and my mother wouldn't be worrying about me.

(I am useless.)

I wanted to cry so badly, but I couldn't. At least not here.

_________________________________________

Without realizing it, we had already reached an elevator.

We went up 682 and I went up in one and the others took turns going up.

When we went up the area was deserted.
Either the breach was more dangerous than I expected, or they were told about 682 coming up here.

Either way we made a slight stop at the medical bay where the doctor that was accompaining us applied an ointment and a bandage to keep my injured ankle compressed.

While they were not looking I got into one of the wheelchairs in the room.
Spinning and turning I managed to cheer myself up a bit and partly ignore the pain.

The lizard didn't seem to like this, as it bent the wheel of the chair with its tail, rendering it unusable.

-Don't waste your time. -That's all it said before it once again dragged me with its tail.

Finally we arrived at the storage area.
The door was identical to any other door there.
I wouldn't have noticed we arrived if they hadn't made us stop there.

Inside there was a list with names of objects from experiments with scps and some without origin, but all with a detailed description of their function.

I decided to skip ahead to 1471 and find my phone.
It was inside a plastic bag, along with its battery and SD memory.

It looked a bit sad in that state, so I didn't waste any time reassembling it.

It took a while to turn on but it still worked.
The instant I unlocked it I tried to send a message but I had no signal and no internet.

What surprised me was a corrupted notification among others.
I opened it and my mobile phone froze for a few seconds.

It turned out to be a sort of corrupted chat with "Ḿ͠a̢͜͡l̸͘͡0̡̕͢ " as the contact.

It immediately flooded me with messages.

-[Hello Quentin?]
-[Please answer..]
-[It's been two hours now...]
-[Tell me you're okay.]
-[One message is enough for me.]
-[I can't seem to track your location]
-[I'm really sorry.]

The rest of the messages had been deleted.
My heart felt heavy as I finished reading the last few messages.

I guess I looked pretty pathetic crying on a warehouse floor but that didn't matter much right now.

682 just sat next to me, without saying anything.

-We have to get out of here.
-I can't stay here another second. -I said, wiping away my tears.