XVII

It was quite uncomfortable, having to explain to both SCP that they were anomalies.
I had to sit down so I wouldn't pass out from the pain of running with my injured ankle.

-Does it hurt? -She asked, tilting her head to a side.

-Only if I walk, but it's gotten a lot better.

-I see..
-...
-So...
-Where are we going? -Mal0 said without looking away from 682.

-Uhh...
-The foundation told us we could--

-The foundation?! -She shouted before i could even finish.

-Yes, they to--

-The same foundation that kept me locked up for I don't know how long?! -She said, hitting the truck side with her hand.

I've never seen Mal0 so angry, she looked like a wild animal, brandishing her sharp canine teeth and her pointy claws.

(In a way she already is...)

I was scared of her claws, which seemed to be able to tear through my flesh quite easily.

-Y-Yeah, we-we managed to convince them! -I said flinching when she moved.

-And what guarantee do you have that they will keep their promise? -She retorted.

-The most dangerous creature on the site. -Said 682, looking up from the corner.

-Thanks to him...her?
-We were able to get out of that prison and were given a chance to live "in isolation under the watchful eye of the foundation. -I explained.

-They were lucky, if they hadn't let us out willingly... -It smiled, showing its extremely sharp teeth.

-All this in exchange for...? -Mal0 asked.

-My-My collaboration with the foundation.

-Why would they need your help? -She asked coldly.

-I don't know, maybe because I was the only one who wasn't brutally dismembered by 682...

-Ah...
-That does make sense.
-Why didn't you answer the messages? -She asked a little more calmly.

-Ummm... When they took me away they took everything I had on me. -I explained.
-I still don't have my phone.

-Ah.

What an uncomfortable moment, only the truck's engine and the wheels could be heard.

-Mal0?

-Yes?

-Tell me, what did you do when I was away? -I asked, trying to distract us from this horrible silence.

-I went through your library of games.

-(Knowing Mal0, she already finished them all.)
(I'll have to buy new ones, if we get out of here. that is.)

-While waiting for you to come back, I tried to surprise you with some omelettes...
-But you see how all this turned out...

-I ended up throwing them away. -She said, lowering her ears.

-I'm sorry. -I said.

-It's okay, they were really burnt anyways. -She answered, patting my head.

-So...
-Have you seen my mom?

-I have.
-...
-She looked very upset, but I didin't tell her anything.

-That's... good, i guess...
-If she knew about you, she'd probably end up here, in this prison.
-Thank you Mal0.

_________________________________________

From the tiny window in the truck i could no longer see the sun and the warmth of the day was slowly disappearing.
There was nothing to cover myself with or even anything to lie in, other than the cold floor.

(How nice it would be to have a warm, fluffy coat of fur right now...)
(Now that I think about it,Mal0 hasn't taken a single bath since she got here...)

-How are you holding up there 682?

-I can adapt to the environment I'm in. -It answered, without even moving from its corner.

(Great,I'm the only one suffering from the cold then.)

I stared at the ceiling thinking about my situation.
If I had been a little more sociable I wouldn't have gotten into this dilemma.

Although I wouldn't have met 1471 either, so it's not entirely bad.
From the moment we were able to communicate she always tried to be my friend.

I was getting tired after running around the foundation all day. But I was too cold to try to sleep so I laid down in a corner and tried to warm myself up by rubbing my hands and arms.

-Are you cold? -Mal0 asked from the other end of the truck.

-A-A little bit.

I heard her get up and walk over to me.
(Or that would have happened if the truck we were in had decided to take a sharp turn right then.)
The next thing I saw was a ball of hair stumbling towards me.

-Pomf...?

-I'm sorry! -Mal0 exclaimed, getting off of me.

-It's okay, I missed you a lot too.

-T-That's not--
-Agh!
-I guess you want to freeze in that corner then. -She said, laughing.

-Wait, no!
-You were really warm..

________________________________________

A blinding light in my eyes woke me up.
The truck had already stopped and the door was wide open.

It was already night, and I could see the starry sky.

-Get out, we're here. -Said a male guard, holding a flashlight.

I had to struggle to get Mal0's arms out of my body, she had decided to hug me in her sleep and she wouldn't let go.

-...

(I hope the soldiers don't think that-)
(No!)
(Of course not!)

-Wake up! -I said shaking her head.

-Mhmm?

The guard had to point their flashlight at her eyesockets to get her to wake up.

The three of us got out of the truck and-

-Wow.

(I don't know what I expected but I'm sure it wasn't this).

___________________________________________

I'd appreciate if you could point out typos and stuff, I'm still learning english and I would like for this story to be as enjoyable as possible.

As always, thank you for reading!!