𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚊𝚖𝚊

i sigh, stepping into my warm apartment.

"emme?" i call, slipping my shoes off and hanging my handbag by the door.

i hear a bit of scuttling by the kitchen and i smile, turning to see emme leaned against the doorframe, their pet cockatiel, charlie, rested on their shoulder.

"hey little sib," i begin, walking across the hardwood floor toward them. i wrap them in a quick hug and lean down to give charlie a little scratch on the head. "hey charlie." i greet, and he does a little whistle.

i follow emme into the kitchen, where i find they're preparing one of our favorite dinners, shrimp alfredo.

i smile, sitting down at the already set table, and resting my head on my hands.

"how was work?" emme asks, stirring the pot of noodles that were cooking on the stovetop.

"it was decent." i admit, watching as charlie climbed from one of their shoulders to the other. i smile slightly, the memory of the tall boy returning to my thoughts. "i met a boy." i add, my small smile growing steadily.

emme turns to me quickly, bringing the pot with them and carrying it to the sink.

"a boy?" they press, draining the pasta and separating it equally into two bowls.

"yeah, his name was wilbur. he was tall. and cute." i respond, watching emme quirk an eyebrow.

they return to the stove, where the shrimp was sizzling in a pan.

they move it around slightly with a spatula, still keeping their gaze trained on me.

"did you get his number at least?" they ask, turning to pour alfredo sauce over the pasta, followed by the shrimp.

i shake my head, watching as they set charlie on his kitchen perch and carried our fancy bowls to the table.

"shame." they say, setting my bowl in front of me.

i nod in agreement. "he told me he'd love to play guitar for me sometime." i say, shoving some of the pasta into my mouth. "this is really good-" i add through my mouthful of the pasta.

"thank you, and that means he will come back, right?" they say, giving me a smile as they shove a bite of their food into their mouth.

"i didn't think about it that way." i admit, my fork twirling in the white pasta.

"i guess maybe he will." i resolve, my smile growing as i take another bite.

-
-
a/n: sorry for the late chapter! i'll have you long time readers know that my "good friend" is now my BOYFRIEND!!!!1!1!1 and we've been hanging out together the past few days :) that's why i haven't updated.

as always, i'd love to hear your opinions on this chapter, and please stay safe, drink water, and make sure to eat! much much love!

-honk <33