𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝

i wake up later that morning frazzled, my mind fuzzy from the lack of sleep. i was already late for work as it was, so i just get up and throw on the first thing i saw in my closet. which happened to be a teddyfresh colorblock hoodie and some mom jeans.

i slip on my converse, rushing out the door without saying goodbye to emme. they were probably still asleep anyways.

i do the normal routine of driving to the cafe, only to find it still dark inside. looks like niki and i were both late this morning.

i step toward the cafe, using my key to unlock the door. i shut it behind me, reaching and turning on the lights.

i'm met with cheering and people popping out from behind counters, tables, and shelves, and i yelp, a smile growing on my face.

"happy birthday!" travis screams, running toward me and wrapping me in a tight hug.

i laugh as he picks me up, spinning me in one of his bear hugs, and then setting me down after a moment.

"..wow.. guys." i say, awestruck at the streamers, balloons, and other decorations i hadn't taken the time to notice when i entered the cafe.

everyone rushes forward to wish me happy birthday, i recognize the faces of my friends, some miscellaneous streamer pals of mine, and some regular customers who i'd grown to like. but no wilbur.

i don't let my thoughts wander too far though, seeing as i was surrounded by my friends and people i loved, all wanting to hand me gifts and eat cake.

after awhile of socializing we all settle down in the reading nook, squished into a circle just small enough to fit in the corner of the cafe.

people begin handing me presents, starting with a streamer friend of mine, cooper. him, travis, and noah all mention having pitched into my gift, and i smile, knowing it would be something good. i open the bag, pulling out the contents slowly, taking the time to appreciate each thing. i notice a new sweatshirt. a black one with a grey hood and sleeves, i clap my hands together. "this is adorable boys! thank you" i smile, and the trio agree.

"the rest is for later." cooper jokes, and i take a moment to notice the new set of shot glasses and various small bottles of alcohol in the bottom of the tote bag. i nod in approval, and move on to the next gift.

by the end of the next few hours, i'd opened up all my gifts, and enjoyed cake with my friends. i'd gotten a few cards with money, but mostly it was clothing they'd seen me eyeing online. i'd even gotten a new bong, courtesy of a friend of mine.

after another hour or so everybody clears out, leaving only my close friends and i. minx, niki, travis, cooper, and noah. we begin discussing plans of what to do that night, when noah mentions going out on the town.

everyone in the group seemed to agree on that, looking forward to a night of drinking, and probably making stupid decisions.

we all agree to meet at my place in about an hour, leaving everyone time to get home and get ready for the presumably long night ahead of us.

niki gives me another quick, last minute hug as we exit the cafe and lock the door behind us, and i practically skip to my car.

tonight was going to be fun.