Chapter 7: Man, School Sucks!

Dedicated to:FanFiccer2020Stinks Because coming out can be hard and I support you no matter what. My friend cares for you and you care for her and I want you to know that you are my friend. And you have supported my story from the start. Thank you!!!

My 6:45 alarm going off woke me up this morning. Last night the boys stayed until 9:30 pm. We watched MegaMind, Strange Magic, and Cars. All great animated movies. And you can probably guess who picked what.

The day is already starting off slow because it is a Monday and having to wake up early is not helping that. I was dressed and ready by 7:20. The bus came at 7:45 but I had to walk down the street to get to the stop. My outfit was a Green Day American Idiot long sleeve that was slightly cropped at the bottom with black fishnets under a pair of baggy light blue ripped jeans. I threw on a pair of dirty white converse and went to pack my bag. 

I threw my change from yesterday's 'shopping' trip into my inside pocket of my back pack and the rest of the pretzels went into my bag. I grabbed 2 waters and my phone off the charger before I climbed out the window to start my trek to the bus stop.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was the only middle-schooler at the bus stop, my day would be off to an okay start. Normally, there is a sixth-grader that I never talk to, but I guess he isn't here today. I'm pretty sure his mom drives him on days it get colder. Just tell the child to put on some pants and a jacket and you wouldn't have to worry if your precious little baby is cold.

The bus pulled up and I could not have been happier. The high-schoolers would not stop bugging me and the elementary babies would not stop running around and yelling. Annnd! Their parents were real busy gossiping . Apparently too busy to keep their kids in check. 

When I got on the bus, I pulled out my phone and checked all my messages. The boys had started a group chat with me in it and I am so confused. They were having an argument over texts about whether white was a color or not. I smiled. I knew they were dumb, but really.  I plugged in my headphones to drown out any background noises and started playing AC/DC. 

I opened up the group chat and responded. 'No. White is a shade.' 

The boys responded back really quickly. Adam questioned, 'If it isn't a color, then why can you find it in a crayon box?' Levi said, 'Thank you, Mia. This retard is going against what Google says.' I laughed. 'Look up a picture of the Electromagnetic Spectrum. White light is the start of any visible light. To get colors, the white light has to pass through a prism of some sort.' 

They took a couple minutes to respond back. Levi responded, 'Wait. Shit! I am confused. How is white not a color if it makes up all colors?'

'Think of color as can you mix 2 or more colors to make it. You can't make white. In an artistic sense, white is the absence of all color. Whereas in a scientific sense, white is the presence of all color.' 

Adam replied with, 'What about black, then? You can make black by mixing paint.' 'Never true, pure black. You can make colors/shades close to black, but never really it.' Adam responded with, ' Now I am confused. ????' Levi sent a laughing emoji. 'Can't help you, dude. I am lost. I was lost a while ago.' 

I chuckled. You can find all these answers on Google if you search them. 'Okay plain and simple. Is white or black in ROYGBIV?' 

'No?' 'Nope.' 'Boom! Therefore, it is not a color. I got to go. We pulled up at the school.' I added dinosaur emojis to the end of my message. 

I turned off my music and unplugged my headphones. That whole chat convo made my day so much better. I went to go out my phone in my bag when I noticed the message didn't send. I agressively grabbed my phone and started hitting the try again button.