Chapter 6: Pretzels!

I did exactly what I said I was going to do when I get home. I put the ice cream into the garage freezer and headed inside through the garage door instead of through my window. It feels nice to have the house to myself and feel like you aren't a bad guy trying to sneak in. I went to the kitchen to make a mason jar full of ice cold raspberry tea. I brought my jar upstairs and placed it on a coaster before changing into some comfy clothes. By comfy I mean, a pair of red checkered pajama pants and a white long sleeve t-shirt with a pair of fuzzy socks.

I went to go drink my tea when I realized that I did not have a straw. I had left the darn straw on the counter. I put on Luke Combs through the house stereo system and danced my way down the stairs into the kitchen. I was in the kitchen anyway so I just decided to make some food. I set out the ingredients to make some soft pretzels and dipping sauces. I made up the dough and put it aside so it can rise. I would start making the dipping sauces while the pretzels were in the oven.

There was no way I was waiting an hour doing nothing, so I grabbed the cleaning supplies and danced and cleaned my way around the whole downstairs. I made it back to the kitchen after roughly an hour. I grabbed the dough and started working with it again. This time I grabbed my cutter and divided it into sections. One section would make pretzels knots and the other sections would make big pretzels. I rolled and folded the first section into pretzel knots and stuck them in the oven. On the stove, I started heating up cheddar cheese with heavy cream.

I started working on the other sections, rolling and twisting them as I worked down the line. When all my pretzels were folded, I grabbed the salt grinder and cracked some salt on top. I focused all my attention back to the stove and oven. Stirring the cheese sauce and checking the pretzels, I soon became satisfied with the outcome of both. I turned off the burner and moved the pan away so I could have a clear space to put the pretzels. I put some oven mitts on and dived right in. Placing the baking sheet on the stove top, I wafted in the scent of freshly cooked pretzels. Delicious!! I grabbed the other baking sheet that held uncooked pretzels and placed them in the oven.

I grabbed a pretzel knot and blew on it, letting it cool down. I tried one with cheese sauce and one without it. Both were equally delicious and I think I did a pretty good job on the cheese dip. While the pretzels were still cooking, I decided to make a sweet honey dip to go with. My dad and I used to make these all the time in the summer when he still lived with us.

The sauce was cinnamon sugar mixed in with honey, heated in a pot. It looks gross, but if you get over that, it tastes really good. It looks like a golden but grainy honey. And tastes like Heaven. I took the honey mixture off the heat and I could not have been happier. The pretzels were ready and I realized how hungry I was. Since the oven was already preheated, I decided to try baked eggs. I cracked some eggs onto the baking sheet and added salt, pepper, onions, mushrooms, celery, and carrots. Popping the baking sheet back into the oven, I set back to finish cleaning.

I transferred the sauces into separate containers and the pretzels into Ziploc bags. The dishes did not take long and when I was finished, the eggs were ready. The yolk was runny and the onions, carrots, celery, and mushrooms were smelling really good. I grabbed the pretzel I had left out and broke it. I dipped it into the runny yolk of the egg and almost moaned, that was how good it was. And now I'm sitting on kitchen floor eating eggs, pretzels, and veggies.

Happy!!! It was only one o'clock and I had plenty of time until the boys came over. I washed my final dishes and went upstairs to take a nap, this time with a straw.

I woke up when the sun was piercing me right in the eye. My curtain was open a crack allowing sunlight to slip through. There was some bags on the floor containing food and drinks and movies. There was also a note on the outside of the bag, it read, "Hi my little dragonfly. I stopped by, but you were sleeping. So instead, I dropped off the stuff and went to go pick up Adam. See you in 45 minutes. It was 4:28 when I wrote this note. You better be awake or I am jumping on your bed."

I laughed at Levi's note. I don't doubt him. Luckly, it is only 4:40.

When I got up from my seated position, I was hit with a big urge to poop. I ran into the bathroom and turned the fan on. Guess I had to much ice cream. I am not lactose intolerant, but if I eat to much, my stomach does not like it. When I was finished, I left the fan on after spraying some scented bathroom spray.

I went downstairs and grabbed a Tums, my pretzels and the sauce, and spoons and bowls for the ice cream. I downed a cup of water and grabbed some bottles of water to-go. I am not going downstairs after 5:00 incase Mary-Anne comes home. I can't risk it.

I slowly walked back up the stairs, balancing everything in my arms. It wasn't much, but it was enough to make me, of all people, be careful. I placed the waters into my mini fridge and the bowls on the shelf above the fridge.

I climbed back under my bed sheets and waited for my tv to turn on and connect to my laptop. I would connect my phone, but I don't feel like split-screening. It takes too long.

I typed up a list of rules for the boys to follow so they would not get caught. And so I can get some peace in a rowdy bunch. I was satisfied with the final product and saved the document. I displayed it on the screen and started playing on my phone. I was so into playing Dragon City that I almost didn't here Levi come in.

The rustling sound of a plastic bag caught my attention causing me to look up from my phone. Climbing in the window was Adam and Levi was handing down a plastic bag of what looked like take-out. I got out of bed and creeped my way up behind Adam. I whispered boo! in his ear and when he whipped around, I snatched the bag of food out of his hands. Levi jumped in, his landing rather soft.

"Levi, you can't be laughing. Your reaction was even funnier. At least he didn't squeal like a little girl." Now it was carrot's turn to laugh. Levi huffed and went to lay on my bed.
"No. Up now!" I pointed an accusing finger at Levi. I then pointed at the TV, not having to say anything. Levi did a baby glare at me, but still got up. Adam made his way over in front of the TV to see what it says.
"Why rules?" Adam whined. I smirked and opened my laptop back up. Pulling up the document, I changed the title to Commandments. "There you go. Now you have to follow commandments and not rules. They're so simple. Follow them and I won't have to kick you. Easy as that."
I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling, memorizing all the lines in it, waiting for them to finish reading. "Are you dyslexic? Why are you taking so long?" I huffed out. There was only twenty rules, one or two lines each.  "Finished." They both chanted. "Finally! Now what did y'all bring?" I grabbed the bags and set them on the bench in front of my bed. "I bought takeout. And Levi's mom made brownies." Carrot answered. "Ooh yummy! I got ice cream in the freezer. Want me to bring it up while y'all set up the movie?" Levi nodded and went to work picking out a movie.
You could still here the music I was playing early through the speakers, just quieter. I didn't care as I danced down to the garage to get the ice cream. I can't really dance so it was kore of a bounce/bop, but it was still fun. I guess food makes me really happy. More than  any man or woman can.
When I got back upstairs, the movie was playing the opening credits that come when you watch a DVD. Grabbing the rest of the food, I placed everything between us all and curled up under the blankets. "Psst. Adam, can you pass me my phone? I forgot to turn the music off; it is playing all around the house." Adam handed me my phone and turned his attention back to the screen where the movie had just started.
I can't believe I am spending the rest of my Sunday, curled up eating Asian noodles, pretzels, brownies, and ice cream. Watching Megamind.