Chapter 1: Introductions

Hi, my name is Mia Paisley English. I am 14-year old, eighth grade genius. I live with my step-mom and my 2-year old stepbrother. I have 3 girl friends, but really they are just a bunch of imbeciles that use me to do their homework. Well, jokes on them because I use my brother to do it. I don't really like hanging with them because all they do is gossip.  But no one wants to hang with me because of my looks and hobbies.

 I prefer being by myself, but I guess that was because of my upbringing. My dad told me a lot of random stuff as a child that now I'm older, I feel I can understand. While some messages are still cryptic. My dad left me a letter that explains none of his leaving. Although I do miss him, in his letter he told me to be strong and take whatever he had told me as a child, whatever lesson he taught or anything we did to heart and put that before people. For you are perfect by yourself.

I don't know my biological mother and I don't know where my dad is. He left us when my step-mother got pregnant with my brother by some random guy she hooked up with.

I live a non-existent life. My step-mom doesn't really talk to me unless I am on my period, I need something, or she needs me to do something. Other than that, I am basically alone. Levi was my first real friend after my father left.

Sup, the name's Levi. Levi Prescott. I am a 16-year old, sophomore heir to the Royal Crown gang. I live with my parents and two younger siblings, my pre-teen brother and my kid sister. I hang out with the 4 other kids my age in the gang. I refuse to hang out with anyone else. I will only hang out with other kids if they have potential or if I am required to, like for group projects. All the girls try to get with me because of my good looks and my popularity status, but they are all gross losers. Even the guys try to buddy up. Them and their overpowering, cheap body spray and the girls with the overdose of dollar store perfume need to stop.

I am 6'1 with a body of a god. I have basic hair that  I happen to make awesome looking and dusty blue eyes. I say my eyes look like the ocean with a sprinkle of sand. I spend my days hanging with Adam, Kiki, Casey, and Herb. We play basketball or perform music.

My uncle used to live with us when his boyfriend of 2 years dumped him for a businessman and not a photographer. But, he moved out when he started dating his current wife. They have been happily married for 4 years and have a child that they adopted.

Before Adam, Kiki, Casey, or Herb joined the gang, I was a loner. I would occasionally hang out with Adam's older siblings, but they were more like babysitters than friends. But when I noticed Mia playing basketball by herself, it reminded me of my past self. 

I decided to keep coming around to see her play again, to see if she was really worth hanging with. When I noticed she was always by herself, I knew I knew I needed to step up and be that friend she was in desperate need of even if she didn't know it. And she played a good game of basketball, so it was a win-win for me.