Chapter19

S H E H N A A Z 

After six months

2nd December 2020

It's correctly said in my most favorite movie Yjhd. "Yaadein mithai ke dabbe ki Tarah Hoti Hain, Ek baar khula toh sirf ek tukda nahi kha paoge" I know every time I read this it's always played in Naina's voice. 

A smile immediately played on my lips as I saw a polaroid picture of Sidharth and me. It was just me and him standing below the Christmas tree in our college. It's been five months that he moved to Vancouver for his further studies but, feels like it's been five years. 

I continued cleaning my storeroom as I separated the things I had to throw away and kept the important ones in a box. I quietly slid the polaroid picture into my diary and left the storeroom.

"Shehnaaz, where are you going?" mom asked me as I got out of my room. 

"Umm I was heading back to my room," I said as my grip on the diary tightened.

"Okay, drop your things in the room and come out for a minute," she said and moved towards the living room. I sighed in relief.

<Living Room>

"Hi, Aunty" I slightly smile as Sidharth's mom was here.

" Hey, Sana. I wanted your help" said Sidharth's mom as she saw Shehnaaz entering the living room.

"Shehnaaz do you have any idea about what laptop would be better for Sidharth following his academics, his dad and I are planning to gift him one on his birthday" she smiled.

"No aunty, I don't know" I honestly answered.

"Oh I thought you would be having an idea about it," she said.

I gave her a slight smile and stood there awkwardly. I was petrified. What if she asked me anything more about Sidharth. 

Lucky for me, the doorbell rang, I swiftly moved towards the door. 

It was Samaira. I asked her to go into my room and I would join her in just five seconds as that was the only time, I could be there for any longer or the beans would be spilled.

"Bro how long are you going to keep lying to everyone?" Samaira sighed.

"?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I saw the polaroid picture," she said as she pointed towards the diary.

"Sam ya, I have told you, you can't touch my personal diary" I sighed.

"Thanks to you for keeping it at the edge of the table so that I almost saved it from falling down, at least she smirked.

I didn't reply to her and quickly kept the diary back in my study cupboard.

"Sana, you didn't answer my question" she bugged me.

"which question," I asked trying to be unknown to what she was asking.

"You very well know who and what I am asking about" she sighed in despair.

"There is nothing like you think it is" I reverted.