Chapter 13

S H E H N A A Z

I was fast asleep when suddenly, I hear a loud shout and when I got scared and got up and sat on my bed , a cake was smashed on my face.

"Sidharth, I swear I'm going to kill you" I shouted as I got up from my bed and ran behind Sid.

He being the very witty one quickly ran into the kitchen where my mom was.

"What's up with you guys? Sana look at your face" she cracked up seeing my entire face covered with whip cream.

"Sidharth, I'm meeting you literally after almost three weeks and this is what you do to me?" I made a puppy face.

"Oh please , we met everyday. Now it's just the glass window that's missing" he smirked.

"Alright guys! You both can carry forward your argument after breakfast. I have made some pancakes and parathas" mom said as she placed the plates on the dining table.

It felt so good. After almost three weeks mom,dad and I were having breakfast together.

COVID-19 was an devastating experience. It made me feel like I never had. I had the worst headache during that period. The absence of taste in taste buds and no smell of the coco body lotion when I applied it on my hand annoyed me to no end.

But, like I always believe - Always Focus on the good. Everything in life happens for a reason. The COVID-19 virus taught me how to not loose hope. It made me realize the value of people close to me. When dad began showing symptoms of the virus. In my head I always prayed to God. It's alright if I'm tested positive but, please my parents should be tested negative. Even if it was logically impossible. They both meant the world to me and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them ever. I was always closer to my parents as compared to my other friends but, this entire situation made me value then even more.

It made me value little things in life. These talks while we all had breakfast was something I craved for the past few days. I craved my normal life and to have Sidharth as well present at the breakfast table just added to my happiness. Just like a cherry on top of a chocolate cake.

Well, that brings me back to my feelings for Sidharth. I guess I do agree I kind of like him a little but, to be very honest I don't know what's it about. I know it's much more than just mere attraction but, I don't know if it's correct to like him. He is my best friend. Well, for now I decided to go with the flow.

Sidharth and I later went into my room to chill . Suddenly, I got a text from the college group for an assignment and I had to add it to my to-do list in my diary.

"Sidharth could please pass me the diary lying on the side table" I requested him as it was on the side of bed , which side he was sitting.

He passed me the diary but, then he picks up a my body lotion from the side and looks at it as if it's a piece of art.

"Aye what's this ? looks interesting " he asked me with all the curiosity in his life.

"That's a moisturizer " I said as I noted down the assignment question.

"Are you sure it's a moisturizer or something else " he raised his eyebrows at me.

"It's a body lotion" I raised my eyebrows back at him.

"Nice" he smirked.

"What was that smirk for " I asked.

"Nothing you continue with your work " he said as he smiled and scrolled his Instagram.

"Piece of art" he mumbled and smirked again and I choose to ask what was it for since, at present my assignment was more important. He might have said it looking at something on his home feed.

< Sidharth's place , Evening at 5:00 p.m>

"Hi Shehnaaz, How are you feeling now" asked Sidharth's Dad.

"Hello uncle. I'm much better now. How are you " I asked him.

"All good"he smiled.

Within a minute , Sid's mom came in the living room.

" I hope you're feeling better now Sana" she smiled as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Absolutely aunty " I smiled.

"Have dinner here today. I'm making your favorite dish - Veg. Sushi" she exclaimed.

"Oh my god! Sushi? I'm having dinner here for sure. I'll inform mom about that " I said getting all excited about the sushi .

"I have already informed her." she said.

"Thanks " I smiled and went towards Sid's room.

To my surprise , he wasn't in there. Neither was he in the restroom.

"Aunty where's Sid?" I came out of the room and asked his mom.

"Oh I totally forgot. He has gone for a bath in the guest room since, his room's shower has some problem. You can chill in his room until then" she smiled as she was watching her daily soap on the television.

"Alright" I smiled back and went to his room.

Once again my phone pinged while I was seated on the brown bean bag. It was my college WhatsApp group again. For some reason I was unable to open my mail form my cell phone so I quickly went towards Sid's study desk , opened his laptop to login to my mail Id. Suprising the laptop was already switched on and a page opened up on the screen.

"Dear Sidharth,

Congratulations! I am delighted to offer you admission to University of California, Berkeley for fall 2021! You have been admitted to the college of law and technology

In light of the outstanding credentials you presented in your application, you and your family have every reason to be proud of you academic and personal achievements. The undergraduate Admissions staff reviewed more than 89,000 freshman applications of extraordinary quality before selecting you for this offer. To learn more please review the frequently asked questions below. "

I couldn't read the letter further as Sidharth's mom called me to taste if the sushi was fine to be served on the dining table.

We had a great time on the dining table. The sushi was delicious. I didn't talk much on the table. Sidharth raised his eyebrows twice at me if everything was cool. I gave him a slight smile assuring it was all cool.

The two of us later went to the floor terrace to chill. I didn't speak a word to him.

"All good Sana? Why are you so scarily silent" he asked.

"I didn't know you would hide something from me" I said as a tear almost made it's way from my right eye.

[A u t h o r ' s  N o t e ] :

Hi guys!
Hope y'all liked the chapter.

Don't forget to vote , comment and share.

See y'all with the next chapter soon.

Lots of love,
Diya ♡