Chapter 3

S H E H N A A Z

[ After 3 Months ]

It's been three months since I moved to Mumbai. Life has been pretty amazing. I have been pretty active in the college fest. I have been managing events. I won an abstract painting contest as well. I wouldn't have thought my life would change 360 degrees after moving to Mumbai. From being a girl who barely had friends and wouldn't like socializing at all to this. One person I had to thank for this, was my Best friend. Sidharth.

[ In the car, 10:00 am ]

*Some Rock Music playing in the background*

Sid was driving the car and his neck moved like a turtle going back and forth tunning into the music, which now even continued to play longer than two minutes more could make me go deff. I finally switched off the music after baring with it for the entire 5 minutes. He made a 'What the fuck' face at me.

"I can't bare that noise for even a second more," I said.

"It's called music. The kind of music today's generation listen to" he said.

" Not today's generation. Annoying people like you from today's generation listen to such songs" I said.

" Alright! Then now sit hear quietly without any music " he cribbed.

" NO. I'm gonna play my favorite song " I said as I connected my phone to the car speakers via Bluetooth.

"NOOOO not Bhula Dunga again " he shouted.

"It's an amazing song" I shouted back.

"It's a sad song! I hate sad songs."

"Sid, life can not always have your cliche romantic and happy moments," I said.

"You know I am so sure. You're going to have the most cliche love story" he said.

"I don't know about mine but, I'm sure you're working hard to have one" I laughed as I made fun of him.

"Hahaha," he rolled his eyes and made a fake laugh.

Before I could play the song. Suddenly, Sidharth's phone began to ring. And, it was my mom.

"Why don't you ever pick up your calls," said Sidharth as he made a face at me.

"Correction: My mom's, " I said.

" I'm picking it up and connecting to the speaker," he said as he answered the call.

"Hello," said my mom.

"Hi Aunty, Shehnaaz is right next to me. I'm giving her the phone" he said winking at me.
I made a face at him.

" Yes, mom," I said.

"What time will you be coming home Sana," she asked.

"Mom, umm, it will be 9:00 pm I guess" I lied.

"What the..." he said giving me why are you lying look.

"That late? Sana, can't you come back faster?" mom continued.

"Mom, actually I have assignments to finish and I need to finish them and submit them tomorrow " I continued to make up my story while Sidharth made a  face.

"Oh, that's alright dear. You focus on your studies. I'll pick you up from?" she asked making me think what I should be lying next about.

"Umm...Mom, Sid will drop me " I said.

Sidharth raised his eyebrows at me.

I made puppy eyes and pleaded him to be on my side.

" Sidharth, you're going on that side too? You guys will come together?" my mom asked him.