Chapter 4

S I D H A R T H

It had been over 2 days since Shehnaaz and I've spoken. We have had a lot of fights but, always sorted it out in an hour or two. I miss her but, it's her fault this time. She has to come and apologize first this time. She saw through me thrice this time in college. We even pretend to ignore each other every time in college. Sometimes my blood boils, how can someone be so dumb, can't she see he isn't treating her well. But, guys common she is my best friend. I'm sure I'll make her understand that he isn't the right person for her. Gradually, she will definitely get what am I trying to tell her. I have to convince her.

I knew it was going to be tough since I was too rude to her. So, I planned to firstly, called her to our all-time favourite place to hangout - the floor terrace.

I had a book of hers, so I thought I'll give it to her place with a note and wait for her to come to the terrace.

I quickly grabbed a sticky note, pasted it on the first page, which read:
" Minions don't stay angry for such a long time. They're sweet, cute and forgiving. I know you smiled. See you at the terrace at 2."

I dropped it at her place and asked her mom to immediately give it to her since it was important.

I went to the terrace. My heart hoped Shehnaaz would come. I won't lie, somewhere I knew, of course, she will be coming and guess what? I was correct.

"Hi Duffer, I'm not a Minion," she said smacking my head as gave her a cheeky bunny smile.

"You're one," I said as I hugged her tightly.

It was our thing. Not all problems need to be talked about. Some of them need to be understood. You need to understand, your point of view isn't always the only correct one. I'm sure Shehnaaz will figure our what's correct for her.

"So, how did you manage to apologize?" she looked at me in confusion.

"You know it was really tough but, I managed," I said making both of us laugh out loud.

"Here, take this," I said as I handed her oreo dairy milk.

"Wow Sidharth, you got me chocolate?" she said as she grabbed it from my hand.

"Yeah, it was in the refrigerator so I thought it would be a good idea to convince a minion," I said.

"Not again" she rolled her eyes.

"Open the chocolate,  I'm hungry," I said.

"Yuck," she cribbed.

"Shehnaaz, please. I know you're trying to lose weight but, don't call this poor chocolate *yuck* " I said.

"Sid, I'd never call chocolate yuck but, this is melted " she made a face.

"Shehnaaz, you can't be serious " I raised my eyebrows.

"What?" she said.

"I legit took the effort to find a bar of chocolate at home which I never usually do because I'm not really fond of chocolates, and all you say is yuck. Be a little thankful to me for once" I sighed.

"Sidharth, you're my best friend so you need to know two things about me and chocolates," she said to show two fingers in her as a toddler.

"And that is.." I rolled my eyes.

"1. I like chocolates either ice cold
  2. Or it should be completely melted like a       sauce in a bowl." she said.

"Acha, so two extremes, there's no in-between?" I asked.

"Ha perfect. No in-between " she said proudly flipping her hair.

"Ha perfect? Shehnaaz you're too picky" I complained.