Chapter 16

S I D H A R T H

Shehnaaz has been acting very weird for, the past few days. She gets lost in her own thoughts and when I call her to get back out to reality, her mood is always spoilt. I guess there is something up with her and she is not ready to tell me about it I need to ask her and if she does not seem to tell me, I will have no option left but, to check the personal diary on her laptop.

Anyway, coming to the good part. I finally got into my dream university. 

"Hey, What's up," said Shehnaaz as she entered my room.

"Nothing much, just chilling," I said. 

"I was planning let's go to the sports club together. We will go to the gym and then have dinner together. It's been a while and my dad just got the message from the sports club that they have begun with all the activities except swimming with precautions" she said all in a breathe.

"Woah.Woah.Woah. Take a breath first," I laughed.

"What's with this 'woah'. You aren't Peter Kavinsky" she said.

"I know I am cuter" I smiled.

"Sure" she sighed.

"So the plan's on?" she asked after a pause.

"Yeah, what time?" I asked as I switched my laptop off and looked at her.

"At 6:00 p.m?" she asked.

"Can we go at 7:30 instead?" I asked.

"That's too late Sidharth. The gym shuts down at 7:00 p.m.We will have to go for dinner alone then" she sighed.

"Actually the problem is I am supposed to attend a lecture which is online. Let's do one thing. You go to the gym I will join for the dinner".I kept my opinion.

"Alright, works," she said casually.

"Sure?" I was shocked she did not object once.

"Ya, if you genuinely have lectures the why would I object," she said as if she read what's going on in my mind.

"Wow alright." I reverted.

<At 7:30 pm>

"Hey, in how much time are you coming," she asked as I picked up her call.

"I will be there in, fifteen," I said.

"Oh alright," she said and hung up the call.

Weird, she did not ask why was I late. I did not give much thought to it.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," she said keeping her eyes fixed on the menu.

"So did you place an order for something?" I asked.

"No, but, I am starving since I worked out at the gym and not just played among us with friends while chilling and talking to them on discord," she said looking right into my eye.

Oh fuck. She knows it. Yes, I know I am guilty. I shouldn't have lied to her but, I did not have any other option. My new friends at college had already asked me about it and at the same time, Shehnaaz would have felt bad if I refused to hang out with her. Right now, I didn't want to make a scene about it so I decided to ignore her taunt and planned to coax and make her understand the entire situation after dinner.

The dinner was not the normal one like the two of us would have. It was just chit-chatting about general things. We finished with dinner and left to go back home in my car.

She was weirdly silent the entire car ride. What might have happened. 

"Shehnaaz is everything fine?" I asked.