Chapter 9

S H E H N A A Z

My alarm went off and shrieked near my ear. I tried putting it off by blankly tapping my hand on the table , dropping my specs down on the floor. You know the feeling when you aren't sleepy but, all you want to do is stay in the bed. Well, most of the times resulting in over thinking.

As I try to get up my body aches. There is a weird heaviness that I feel on my chest as if someone has placed a heavy item on it. One side of my nose was blocked. I felt extreme fatigue.

The symptoms were exactly that were mentioned on the internet. Mom and Dad were having the similar symptoms. Infact Dad even had high temperature. All of us had been tested positive for Covid 19.

We were supposed to stay home quarantined for the next fourteen days. It's kind of difficult. Neither of the three of us have any breathing issues. *Touchwood* (I say as I touch my head while I touch my hand to my wooden study table)

Suddenly, I hear a knock at my door. I immediately wear a mask and open the door. It was mom. She was wearing her mask too. We were just trying to a little extra safe with each other as well.

The entire day , I'd lie on my bed. Mom made sure we'd have the "kaada " that she would make thrice a day for us. Taking hot steam  four times a day for us was a routine for us. All of this was kind of reaching my mental health.

I felt lazy. I was scared. Scared to loose myself to death. I was scared to loose my close ones. I was craving my normal life. I was missing college. I was missing getting scolded for not studying . I was missing Sid.

Suddenly , I heard a knock at my window. I immediately ran and opened it. Speak of the devil and here he comes. Sid was there. My french window connected to the floor- terrace , I just wanted to open the window and give him a tight hug but, I couldn't. My wide smile turned into a frown as soon as the reality sinked in.

Then my cell phone rang.

"Whatsuppp" he shouted.

"You know I can hear you through the window as well na" I raised my eyebrows as I saw him through the glass.

"How are you " he smiled and asked me a little more seriously.

"It's not a nice feeling to know there's a virus inside you, you know" I said in low tone.

"Hey, cheer up , you'll be fine" said Sidharth as he placed his palm on the window glass while he held his phone with the other one.

"I'm very scared Sidharth " I almost teared up.

"Shehnaaz, you're eighteen, your body will immediately build up the immunity to fight against it and I know you're more scared about your parents but, don't worry they're just in their forties so they'll be good too" he said as his eyes teared up too but, he tried to hide them.

I didn't even tell him that,  more than myself , I was scared for my parents. I have always been like that. My biggest fear had always been losing the people close to me.

It's strange how Sid and me have this instant connection. It's been only a year since, we've been bestfriends , for that matter it's only been a year since , I've known him but, it feels like I've known him forever. It feels good have someone in your life who completely understands me and is always there for me no matter what.

"Sana" said Sidharth as got back from the spiral of thoughts in my head.

"Yaa tell me" I replied.

"Nothing. You need to rest, we will speak tomorrow. And at any time you don't feel well just call me up, okay?" he said.

"Thanks Sid." I said .

I would've have given him a tight hug but, I couldn't that just added up to my sadness.

The entire day went by. All I did was just rest on my bed and do absolutely nothing. I would scroll my Instagram feed but , viewing all those stories just made me crave more and more for my normal life.

Next Day in the morning, I woke up grumpy. My body was aching so much that I didn't even want to reach to my phone. I pull my pillow and hug it tight while my head rested on my Bo-Bo. For some stupid reason, the pillow feels fluffy and comfortable.

Suddenly, my phone screen lits up. I somehow manage to get out of my comfortable cocoon and pick it up to check the message.

" Good morning. Oops, sorry it's 12 noon and I guess you're still sleeping. I hope you slept well. Go check on the French window, I have dropped some ice cold chocolates " I immediately get up and open my window to get those chocolates, which has one more note added to it, which brought a smile to my face.

"If these chocolates have been melted by now. I'm not to be blamed. It's you and your sleep. who sleeps so much ? " It made me giggle.

Once again, my cell phone pinged. I guess he saw the double tick turn into blue and immediately realized I saw the text.

"I guess , I dropped the chocolates right on time ;) "

" It's a little warm than ice cold ;)" I replied.

"Kya karu mein mar jau?" he immediately replied making me laugh.

"You aren't allowed to use my dialogues Sid"
I texted back, before I could call him up, mom knocked at my room asking me to take steam,  drink the kaada and have some vitamin tablets.

I quickly finished everything and went to take a bath. When I got back to my room and checked my phone, it was Sidharth's text
"I broke up with Lisa".

[ A u t h o r ' s  N o t e ]

Hi Guys. I know, I know. It's been a week sinceI last updated. I'm really sorry. I was having a major writer's block and to top it all my engineering college has begun online. Don't even get me started on how much annoyed I am.

Unpopular opinion: offline teaching >>> online

Anyways, moving on. I hope you guys like this chapter. This was a major and unexpected twist but, I thought this was something which has been going around in the world and apparently there hasn't been any story that I've read on wattpad has mentioned the entire story. It would be a little easier for me the write this plot sinceI was tested positive three months back and I know how one feels when things such as these happen.

Not extending the author's note anymore.

Do vote, comment and share.

Lots of Love,
Diya♡