Trollhunter Things(6)

You guys I am so sorry this took so long to put out. Bro I have been shook this summer and we're starting school and quarantining. It's a whole mess.

I can't even believe what the rest of you guys are going through. Stay safe y'all. You have my good wishes.

Now enjoy the reading cause you bet I enjoyed the writing!

——————

"Wider stance. Keep your frame. No, that's good, that's good! Yes," Mr. Blinky drilled Jim. We were in the heroes forge, Toby, Jim, Aaarrrgghh, and I, while Mr. Blinky gave Jim his first lessons in wielding a sword. Toby and I sat on the sidelines with Aaarrrgghh, while Mr. Blinky gave Jim instructions.

"Yes, alright, fine," the troll in question said with a focused look on his face. Three of his hands were clasped behind his back, while the fourth touched his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm, that's better. Alright." Mr. Blinky stuck his hand out and pushed Jim's sword up further. "Raise your sword, Master Jim!"

Jim pulled his sword up, a nervous look on his face as Mr. Blinky scrutinized his form.

Mr. Blinky grunted, chuffing slightly in frustration. "Head up, chin out, stomach in!" At this point, I was mostly distracted from the training by Aaarrrgghh and Toby's conversation.

Aaarrrgghh took the brown paper bag from Toby and dumped the contents into his mouth. He let out a huge burp, humming in satisfaction before looking down at Toby.

"Mmm, what's this?" Aaarrrgghh asked Toby, peeking into the empty paper sack.

Toby pointed two fingers at him. "Dander from my nanna's Persian, and a couple of hairballs." Toby flashed him an 'okay' sign with his hand before nodding.

"Hmm! Tasty!" Aaarrrgghh said before eating the paper bag with the rest of the cat dandruff.

I chuckled as Aaarrrgghh let out another massive burp, Toby smiling with satisfaction. I leaned back on my hands, tuning back into Jim and Mr. Blinky's conversation. I winced slightly as the movement tugged on my wound, adjusting to a more comfortable position.

"The Trollhunter lives, and dies, by three rules," Mr. Blinky says while pacing around Jim. "Rule number one!" Mr. Blinky throws up one of his fingers, "Always, be afraid."

"Afraid?" Jim asks, an unsettled look on his face.

"Be afraid," Aaarrrgghh reinforces.

I nod along in agreement. It makes sense why that would be one of the rules. Fear heightens your senses and keeps you from making a fool of yourself. It's how I've survived as long as I have anyways.

Jim smiles cheekily. "Yeah, I don't think that'll be a problem- WOAH!" Jim ducks down, narrowly avoiding the rock Mr. Blinky threw at his head.

Aaarrrgghh catches it and promptly tosses it into his mouth, which is honestly such a mood.

"See!" Mr. Blinky says excitedly. "Fear is good! It keeps us alert, keeps us on guard! It makes us vigilant." Mr. Blinky lets out a 'hyah' and throws another round of rocks at Jim.

Jim doges them in a panic, looking warily at Mr. Blinky.

Mr. Blinky continues talking as if nothing happened. "A hero is not he who is fearless, but he who is not stopped by it." Mr. Blinky smacks his fist in his palm and inspiring tone in his voice.

Jim smiled, his face becoming more determined. "Got it!"

"Rule number two!" Mr. Blinky says, thrusting his hands in the air. "Always finish the fight! An opponent must be given no mercy!"