You should be running (12)

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️

Hellooo, May I introduce you to Fred! ~•°-°•~ This is Fred, he's here to make sure we don't have to read something we don't like in a Wattpad story! He goes before and after a part of the chapter that may be sensitive to some readers, so please make sure to keep an eye out for him!

~•°-°•~
Fred ^
Please avoid him in this chapter if you are uncomfortable with gore/avid depictions of violence!!

(Also, two updates in one day? On a fucking roll.)

------------------------------------------------------

The sound of a gramophone reached my ears, scratchy and distant... Like a memory, I couldn't quite grasp...

Shapes and unfocused figures stretched and amalgamated, shifting and changing before my eyes. But... my eyes were closed and I couldn't see. Colors shifted, voices deepened or shrilled.

"Little Gynt~" the voice slithered, slimy and snakey.

Another voice boomed through my ears, shaking me to the very core, gramophone perfectly outlining it. An accompanying symphony. ".... young Atlas..." deep, dark, and positively grating.

I shuddered, only now aware of the hands holding my face. A frown contorted my brow at the hauntingly distant memories of the humming... the cold... the p a i n...

Sharp and upfront, a voice spoke. A language I couldn't understand. Words cold and abrasive. The fingers tightened over my cheeks. I didn't understand what was said, but I knew what was being asked of me.

Slowly... Hesitantly... I cracked open my eyes. The same hair, the same eyes, the same skin, same mouth, same teeth, the samesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesame

B L U E E Y E S

"Ur-rûk douva banesh."

---------------------------------------------------—
~•°-°•~

I bolted awake, sweat pouring down the sides of my face as I struggled with the blanket tangled around my legs. My heart raced so fast that I was afraid it was going to burst right through the front of my chest. I felt sticky and cold, fear racing through my veins, fast and hard, breaths coming in ragged gasps.

I clutched a hand over my heart, trying my best to still the abrasive beating. Full-body shivers made my bedsprings creak and squeak from the movement.

God, I was a mess.

I was unsure of exactly how long I had sat reigning in my emotions, a mere few minutes feeling like several hours. Shaking my head clear, I pulled blankets off my lap, shifting a trembling body off my bed. Taking a few more, deep, calming breaths, I made my way up the stairs from my room. I swiped excess sweat of my face, finding my hair partially soaked, and wiping my hand on my shirt... which was equally as soaked-.

Sluggishly, I opened the basement door, tugging it closed behind me. I used my hands to guide me through the dark house, the sun just barely setting beneath the sky.

I stopped outside the bathroom door, hesitating at the door handle. That was weird... Hadn't it been early morning a moment ago...? Speaking of which, wasn't I just in Trollmarket with Vendel? I backed away from the door, putting a hand to my head in confusion, turning to look at the setting sun.