Chapter 18

The next week or so was a busy one for me. The hockey season had started to pick up, meaning I had multiple practices and games. I also had some family in town, so I spent as much time as I could with them. I asked Bailey if she wanted to meet them, but she wasn't ready. It was understandable as we had only been dating for a small amount of time. I could see she wanted to take it slow, and I was okay with that. I told her they would be around for Christmas anyways.

Due to my busy schedule, I still managed to call her every night. I wanted to know how her day went, and what she was doing. I also just wanted to hear her voice. Her voice made me feel calm, just like her touch did.

"Hey Luke?" Bailey asked on the phone that night.

"Hey Bailes?" I asked with a small smile, mocking her tone.

"Bailes?"

"I need a nickname for you, and your dad calls you Baile so Bailes. I think it's cute," I said with a small laugh.

"Okay," she said with a gentle laugh, "I'm tired, would you mind if I went to bed?" she asked making me look at the time. It was slightly past midnight, and we had been on the phone for hours. I was beginning to get tired too.

"No it's okay," I said softly. I was pretty sure I was going to knock out right away anyways.

"Okay goodnight Luke," she smiled.

"Sweet dreams," I said before hanging up.

I scrolled through my instagram and twitter feed, as I did every night before falling asleep. After I got bored, I started playing music and locked my phone. I always slept with music playing.

I rolled over and let myself fall asleep,.

-

I opened my eyes, and saw it was 9am. I pulled myself out of bed and made my way downstairs where I found my mom in the kitchen.

"Hey mom," I said opening the fridge. "Do we have any plans for today?" I asked drinking out of the orange juice carton, which my mom scolded me for.

"Nope," she smiled. I nodded my head and made my way back upstairs, too lazy to make myself breakfast.

I laid back down and grabbed my phone. I saw I had a new text message from Bailey, but oddly it was from 3am.

*Can't sleep :( I don't feel good at all. I feel so terrible*

I read the message with a frown placed on my lips. I got up quickly and threw on some clothes before grabbing my shoes and going downstairs.

"Where are you going?" my mom asked raising her eyebrows as I pulled on my shoes.

"Bailey's."

"Should've known," she laughed.

"She's sick," I said standing up and grabbing my car keys.

"Tell her I hope she feels better, I'll call you later!" my mom shouted as I walked out of the door.

I thought about stopping at the store on the way to Baileys, but decided against it. She could be feeling better when I got there for all I know. If she needed something, I could just go back out and get it for her.

I stood in her driveway outside of my car, I didn't think this plan through very thoroughly. I didn't have a way to get into her house.

*Are you awake yet?* I sent to her. I didn't want to knock on the door and wake her if she was still feeling sick. After two minutes she still hadn't responded. I thought about all the times we went to her house. Then I remembered where she kept her spare door key.