Chapter 25

It was hours into the road trip home, and still no messages from Bailey. She didn't even have her phone on.

Ashton told me that Casey was with Bailey and Ally, but she wasn't answering his messages either really. He only got a short message every few hours. It seemed weird neither of the girls were really saying anything to us, but we tried to not let it bother us.

The car ride home seemed twice as long as the car ride up to Boston, but finally we were close to home.

"I'm gonna drop off Ashton and then we'll go home to unpack Luke," my mom called from the front seat.

"What why? I want to go to the hospital and see Bailey," I said sitting up quickly.

"You don't want to unpack and shower first? You've been in a car all day."

After five minutes of bickering about why I shouldn't just go home and unpack first, my mom finally agreed to just drop Ashton and I off at his house. We would take his stuff up to his room, and he would drive us to the hospital while my mom took all of our stuff back to my house so she could relax from a long drive.

"Thanks mom," I said grabbing one of Ashton's bags from the trunk, "I'll call you later."

Ashton's house was quiet since both of his parents were still at work due to the fact it was Thursday afternoon. We hauled his bags into his room, throwing them in the corner.

"Hey, yeah we're back, we're going to visit Bailey since she's in the hospital," I heard Ashton say as I entered his room from the bathroom.

"Yeah okay," he said before hanging up.

"That was Mike and Cal, they want us to pick them up on our way," Ashton said shoving his phone into his pocket.

"Okay lets go," I said hurriedly as I nodded towards the door. I just wanted to see Bailey already.

We pulled up to Michael's house and I was shocked when I saw him haul a big bear into the car.

"What's that?" I asked confused at the huge stuffed animal in his arms.

"It's for Bailey," he said. I wanted to smack myself, I didn't even think about bringing Bailey anything, but Michael did. Yeah a huge bear may be a childish thing, but it was still cute. I made Ashton stop at a store on our way there so we could get Bailey some flowers.

When I came out of the florist, Calum was holding a few balloons. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I wanted to get her something too," Calum shrugged.

"Where did you even get those?" I asked. I had only been in the florist for less than 10 minutes.

"Dollar store," he said pointing at it behind us. I shrugged and we made our way to Ashton's car.

We got a mixture of stares from people inside the hospital.

Some people gave us an "Aw that's so sweet" stares. While others obviously were judging us tall teenage boys for carrying around a teddy bear, flowers, and some balloons. Ashton led us up to Baileys room, since Casey had texted him directions and the room number.

When we were standing outside of her door, I became nervous. I saw her family inside, so I let the other boys walk in before me.

"Bailey!" Michael yelled dragging out the Y. Calum began to shush him and mumbled that they were in a hospital. I saw Bailey start to smile as I walked in behind them.

"Oh my gosh, thanks guys," she said as Michael and Calum placed their gifts next to her bed.

"Sorry that everyone brought you something except me. You can have a hug," Ashton laughed before leaning down to hug her. I don't know why I was so nervous, but I was.