Chapter 28

"Luke are you awake?" I heard my mom call from the hallway.

"Yeah," I called back as I made sure my hair was alright.

I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of socks, pulling them on. I grabbed my black converse and pulled them on after. I took one last glance in the mirror before picking up my black backpack on the floor and pulling it over my shoulders.

I made my way downstairs, calling to my mom. "Bye mom!"

"Have a great first day of school honey!"

I got into my car and turned on the radio before making my way over to Bailey's house so we could make our way to school for senior year.

"Hi," Bailey said quietly as she got into the car. I could tell she was still tired, we were up texting until almost midnight.

"Hey," I said giving her a smile before kissing her on the cheek. I wasn't a morning person either, but seeing her made it better.

"I see you're on time today. Actually... you're early!" she teased a few minutes later after she woke up.

"Only because I knew if we weren't at least on time, you wouldn't be very happy with me," I said smiling. I knew her and Casey always met up before class.

"You know me so well," she smiled.

We pulled into the senior parking lot and grabbed our backpacks making our way inside. When we walked in, we spotted Casey.

"Hey," Bailey said as I grabbed her hand.

"What's your first class?" she asked Casey.

We all walked towards our classes. There were lots of people in the halls, some of them hanging out. The others were freshmen who were trying to find their classes.

We all walked towards Casey's class, saying goodbye to her before Bailey and I made our way to her first class of the day.

"I'll see you after class," I said leaning down to kiss her cheek. I wanted to kiss her to get me through class, but her teacher was standing at the door.

"Have fun in math," she smiled before turning and going into the classroom.

I turned and walked quickly towards my math class, not wanting to be late on the first day.

-

The final bell sounded and I made my way quickly out of the door to find Bailey. I stood with my back up against a locker as I waited for her to get out of class.

"Are you feeling okay? No headaches?" I asked as she made her way towards me, running a hand through her hair.

"I'm alright," she said nodding her head.

The doctors told us that if she was pushed too hard, she could shut down and faint. I didn't want that to happen, I wanted to keep her out of the hospital and take the best care of her that I could.

We walked out to my car, seeing Casey leaned against it.

"I'm going to pick you guys up to come hangout at Ashton's at 4:30 right?" I asked as we pulled into Baileys driveway minutes later. We had all planned to meet at Ashton's for band practice. The guys and I had started playing songs together lately, and the girls were always curious how we were doing. They told us we sounded good, but I was sure we were shit.

"Of course, have a good practice," she said before kissing me quickly. I wasn't in the mood to go to practice, but I knew I had to.

"Took you long enough," Ashton said lacing up his skates as I made my way into the locker room.