Chapter 14

*Come to my house at 2:30 and bring Bailey. -- Casey, Ally, Mike, and Cal will be there to watch movies* my eyes followed the text on my screen.

I went to my contacts and clicked on Bailey's name.

"Hey Bailey," I smiled into the phone once it stopped ringing signaling she had answered.

"Hey," she said with a smile clear in her voice.

"So Ashton invited us over to his house today to watch movies and hang out. Our friends Calum and Michael will be there. He said Casey would be there too and that she was gonna invite your friend Ally, Wanna come? Or are you busy?" I asked hoping she didn't have anything planned for the day.

"No I'm not, would you mind picking me up?" she asked. Her voice became quieter towards the end of her question, as it usually did. I guess she just didn't like asking for favors even though I truly didn't mind.

"I was going to anyways."

"Okay cool."

"I'll be there at 2, bye Bailey." I smiled

"Bye Luke," she said using the same sing-song tone I had used. I smiled as I hung up.

"Luke?" my mom asked knocking on my door slightly.

"Yeah?" I asked looking up at her through my door that was slightly ajar.

"You're going to mow the lawn right?"

"Yeah I'll do it right now," I said standing up from my spot on my bed. My mom gave me a slight smile before turning around and walking downstairs.

I pulled my shirt off of my head, throwing it on to the floor before pulling on my nikes. I grabbed my headphones and made my way downstairs and outside.

-

I pulled into Bailey's driveway and put the car in park to wait for her to come out. A minute later I was greeted by her smiling face as she got into the passenger seat.

"Hey you," I smiled, not being able to hold my smile back when I was around her. I had noticed that I've been smiling more since i've kissed her.

"Hey," she smiled back.

"I think everyone is already there, i'm always late," I said as I backed out of her driveway glancing at the clock, it was already 2:15.

"Yeah let's clarify that when we get there okay? You're the cause of us being late, not me," she said pointing at me with a laugh.

"Oh trust me the boys will already know," I said. I had a track record of being late, but Michael was usually late too.

"Late again, Hemmings. Even Michael beat you this time," Ashton teased as we made our way down his basement steps moments later.

I was going to say something back, but I was interrupted by Michael and Calum shouting my name.

After exchanging hellos and being teased more about being late, I turned towards Bailey realizing the boys had never formally met her before.

"This is Bailey," I said with a smile and nodding my head towards her. She gave them a small smile and mumbled a 'hey'.

"Oh so this is the girl," Calum said with a smug smile making my eyes go wide. I knew the boys were going to tease me, but I didn't know it was going to happen this soon. I didn't want to blush in front of Bailey.

"Shut up, Calum," I glared. "You can ignore him Bailey, he never knows what he's talking about," I said turning towards her, hoping she would shrug it off. She just laughed and agreed.