Does He Like Me...Or Not

Naomi's P.O.V

It was move in day at UPR, and I couldn't believe I was here. My dream of escaping the small city in Texas and moving to Puerto Rico to pursue my dream of becoming a successful independent woman was finally coming true. As I took a look around my dorm, any doubts I had vanished, because I knew all the hard work I had done finally paid off, I was a freshman in college at my dream school. Life could not get much better than this, I later realized I had spoken to soon.

As I began to unpack my stuff, I noticed that there was already stuff set up on the other side of the room. I guess my roommate had already moved in, and I was anxious and excited to meet him or her, they always say your roommate becomes your best friend in college.

After unpacking a few boxes of clothing, I went to the bathroom, and came back to the room to find my roommate had returned.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked looking up from his suitcase which he had been rummaging through.

I was shocked at how rude he was, and immediately feared our first encounter would not go well. Since we're going to have to put up with each other for the whole year, I decided I'd be as nice as I could, although he didn't deserve it from the way he spoke to me. Yeah that was the sma town girl way, being kind.

"Hey, I'm your roommate Naomi, but you can call me MiMi." I said extending my hand out to him.

He ignored my advance and continued to search through his suitcase, so I slowly put my hand down in embarrassment.

"I'm Sonny, and you can call me Sonny," he said as he grabbed some clothes and started placing them in his drawers, clearly mocking me.

I rolled my eyes, and began to unpack more boxes. Looks like nothing can ever be perfect. As I continued to unpack, Sonny did something that surprised me. He came over to my side of the room and began helping me unpack.

"Oh, thanks." I said with a smile as he folded some of my clothes.

"No problem. Besides, your slow ass needs my help. The faster we unpack your shit, the faster we can go exploring around campus," he said and I wasn't sure if he was joking about the "slow ass" part.

I didn't care though, this was a start to getting off on the right foot.

"So where are you from?" I asked as I began taking things out of my last box.

"I'll answer your questions later, right now we need to set some ground rules." He said folding his arms over his chest.

What the hell, was this guy bipolar? I stopped what I was doing and looked at him. It was the first hood look I'd gotten of him since he had taken me by surprise before. At that moment I realized why he was so angry, he was very handsome. His light brown hair was cut low on the sides, and was styled messily but still looked good, his eyes were Greye with a tint of Blue. His lips were the softest shade or pink and his skin was a light caramel color. He wore a White wife-beater, a pair of dark jeans and some White Air Forces, but it didn't hide his muscular build. He was a 10 and standing near him I felt like a 3.

"Okay what would those be?" I said after a moment of taking him in.

"There are only two rules. Rule number one, you touch any of my shit, you won't wake up the next morning." Said Sonny

"Okay, got it. And the last one?" I asked

"Rule number two, I will bring girls to this room whenever, you will not complain about it. If you have any problems you can sleep outside for all I care. Oh and vice versa, you can bring in guys or girls or whatever you're into, as long as you arent too loud." He said

I looked at him for a moment and nodded okay.

"Comprende?" He asked irritated

"Yes, crystal." I said.

"Oh and if you're wondering about whether I have a crush on you, you can stop right now. You are most certainly not my type." Said Sonny giving me a look up and down.

"No that's not what I was thinking at all."

"Hmm okay then."

I laughed partially out of relief.

"Yeah, no guys like you back in Texas."

"Well MiMi,you are most definitely not in Texas anymore." Said Sonny

"I most certainly am not."

"Alright. Well are you ready to go check out the campus?" Sonny asked as he grabbed his phone.

"Yes sir!" I said a little overtly excited.

Sonny rolled his eyes and led our way out of our room to explore our new home. I wasn't quite sure if he liked me or hated me, but I wasn't going to let that bother me at the moment. In fact, I wasn't going to let anything bother me at the moment. It was my first day in Puerto Rico, and I was going to enjoy it. Little did I know that I had just gotten on the biggest roller coaster of my life.