Shes Actually Kind Of Cute

Sonny's P.O.V

My first impression of MiMi, she was alright. I could've been given worse, and I definitely had to cut her some slack since she was brought up in a small conservative town. The thought of being raised in such a way was a bit repulsive to me,but I completely understood.

As we made our way out of the dorm, I got my first real look at her, since I hadn't been paying much attention to her while we unpacked. I had to admit she was pretty cute, and I never just threw compliments around. She wore a dark blue tank top, and white shorts, which showed off her slim athletic figure. She had really nice legs, so I assumed she was a runner or soccer player. Her wavy black hair was down, And I couldn't help but look into those light brown eyes everytime I answered one of her questions. Her lips looked smooth, and her skin was a light Mocha color.

Yeah she was cute, but its not like I would ever let on that I thought so. One of the rules I lived by was never putting anyone up on a pedastal or giving them a reason to think highly of themselves.

"So where are you from?" She asked as we made our way out of our dorm building.

"Brooklyn." I responded

Her mouth fell open to my response,and she stopped walking.

"Are you serious!?!" She asked in disbelief

"Why would I lie?" I said

"I wondered why your parents didn't look like they were from around here. One other question, why don't you look like either one?"

"Oh right, well I was adopted a few months after I got out of juvey and they adopted me and shit. My parents told me that I'm half Puerto Rican and half Dominican or something like that."

"Ohh okay I'm mixed with a couple things but I just tell people that I'm Italian since that's what my dads side of the family is."

"That's not to bad then." I said as I put my hands in my pocket and walked with her. We went around campus and eventually made it to the library.

"Since we're here we should go ahead and get our books." MiMi said as we walked inside, I shook my head and chuckled as I walked over to the counter and ordered my semester books.

MiMi's P.O.V

After Sonny had taken off, I dug into my pocket and pulled out my booklist, then went to find them. I had found almost all of them and had one more to go. As I found the shelf on which my Lit book was located, I sighed. It was too high, and I wasn't that tall. I looked around in search of a ladder or stool, but couldn't find any. Just as I began jumping up to try and reach the book, someone came up to me.

"Need a hand?" Asked a voice

I turned to see a guy standing in front of me. He wore a grey wife beater, red basketball shorts, and black Adidas slides with socks. He the build of a basketball player, and his skin was just lightly tan. His dark brown hair lay in curls on his head, his Storm cloud Grey eyes almost put me in a trance. Both his ears were pierced like Sonny's, and although I didn't like piercings on a guy, it worked for the two of them. Never would've thought I'd see a guy like him in the library.

"Definitely." I said with a smile

Without even standing on his tip toes, he grabbed the Lit book with a stretch of his long muscular arm.

"There ya go." He said handing it to me.

"Thanks." I said appreviately.

"No problem, but why don't you thank me by getting some lunch with me?" He asked with a smile.